Gripe on Image Sizes

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #51  
Phones are next to impossible to get a Pic down sized on, before you upload it.
I have to download mine to the PC, then "re-size" them using Office 2010 Picture manager. Most of mine are 640x480pxl (120kb) down from 3984X2988 (4MB).
Even with unlimited data, the BIG pxl images take a long time to display VIA DSL.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #52  
A workaround for downsizing a photo on an iPhone is to email the photo to yourself. It will prompt you to choose the size to email, small, medium, large or original.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #54  
The downsizing feature for pictures has now been implemented for a couple days.

So, all you need to do, is to upload the pictures in whatever size they have and forget about it.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #55  

So, all you need to do, is to upload the pictures in whatever size they have and forget about it.
They are still pretty big though, 1-3 MB as estimated by Muhammad). I’m just trying to be considerate of others.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #56  

Muhammad's pic on page 3 is 2.84 MB and it was resized to 1,184px × 2,500px.
And Xfaxman's pic on page 5 is 3.33 MB and it was resized to 2,500px × 1,875px
That is a lot of data to download on just 2 pictures. Especially if your on limited data or slow internet.

I’m just trying to be considerate of others.
I agree.
It's not a real issue for me personally when using my PC.

Last edited:
   / Gripe on Image Sizes #59  
File size is not proportional to pixel size.
The test 5000px I resized up with Paint, from 1280x960 file size was 353KB. This is the original from 2005:
353KB.JPG

When it went to 5000x3750px file size went to 3.12MB. The file size displayed now in post #48 is 3.17MB and pixel size is 2500x1875.
3.17MB.JPG

I used Paint to resize the original 353KB file size up to 2500x1875 and the file size is now 1.24MB.
1.24MB.JPG

So there are two identical same pixel sizes, with major different file sizes.

I don't understand all I know about this :oops: .

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #60  
I've been beating this drum for quite a while now. I have unlimited data but not the patience to match it. One member likes to include two or three big pictures in a post, and then will get quoted multiple times. This can go on for several days, and my service is so slow that I can't even read that thread. Tonight he mentioned that he's unable to post pics as his photo provider has folded. I'd been wondering why I'd been able to visit that thread for a while.