Groan thread closed..Why?

/ Groan thread closed..Why? #121  
Also worthy of mention is all of the above by mistake... how many have reported a thread not meaning to or as a mod pressed the wrong key by accident?
I've never reported a post here and never will.

/ Groan thread closed..Why? #123  
I've never reported a post here and never will.

I have but only when new poster spams the site...
Huh oh,no offense gents but this might partly expain why some members feel TBN is undemocratic.
i would rather have my post reported than be called names.

/ Groan thread closed..Why? #127  
iu

/ Groan thread closed..Why? #129  
   / Groan thread closed..Why? #130  
It was one of the few threads I enjoyed here, besides some of the more technical ones. Too bad.

I was a moderator for many years on a very large international forum, mostly technical subjects. The owner was not involved in any moderation. All important decisions were discussed by the team. We only closed a thread that clearly was attracting the trolls. The fact is that teams can be dysfunctional or not allowed to be a team by the owner. Don't know what the case is here, as I haven't been very regular but the fact is, someone else has the power, full stop. I'm fairly surprised they allow threads like this where people complain about moderation.

There's a forum where new ownership has botched a lot of things. The moderators were/are great though. The new owners thought, not so much. They swept the internet and bought a large number of forums, and made them all use the same software. A lot of people didn't like the changes, many were not for the better. People complained in vain. So what do you do? Roll your own.