Ground hog living in my shed...

/ Ground hog living in my shed... #1  

PapaPerk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500
I have a ground hog or two that's been living in my shed for the past 3 yrs. it's time for them to leave!

Any suggestions on removing ground hogs effectively? Thank u

/ Ground hog living in my shed... #3  
A .22 caliber rifle is the perfect ground hog removal tool.

/ Ground hog living in my shed... #4  
A .22, hearing protection, some lettuce for bait, a nice comfy chair and a huge dose of patience Wait for the little furry fella to come out and pop him.?

James K0UA

/ Ground hog living in my shed... #5  
tell him to pay rent and give him a eviction notice, .22 cal

/ Ground hog living in my shed... #6  
Does the groundhog have a burrow in your shed? Is it presently in hibernation? You can either use a trap such as the Havahart brand, or send your dog in. If it were me, I would use the dog.

/ Ground hog living in my shed... #7  
I have a ground hog or two that's been living in my shed for the past 3 yrs. it's time for them to leave!

Any suggestions on removing ground hogs effectively? Thank u

Groundhogs usually have 2 escape holes. If you can plug the one in the shed you can put a smoke bomb in the other entrance at night when they are home.

/ Ground hog living in my shed... #8  
.22 would do the trick, of course if you are looking for something more dramatic and don't have anything beyond the target a .223 Mini 14 would be fun.

/ Ground hog living in my shed... #9  
I understand Bill Murray is quite adept at ground hog removal (I couldn't resist). I would second the gun suggestion

/ Ground hog living in my shed... #10  
Does the groundhog have a burrow in your shed? Is it presently in hibernation? You can either use a trap such as the Havahart brand, or send your dog in. If it were me, I would use the dog.

It takes a fair sized dog to take on a full grown ground hog. I have seen some beagle hounds thoroughly shredded by a ground hog. A cornered ground hog is pretty scrappy.