Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him?

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #11  
I bought a car in 2020. Was a dealer 120 miles away in adjoining state. Asked if they wanted cash, $21,000 for the deal. NOPE, cashiers check, photo sent to them the day before I went to get it along with a photo of my DL. They had my address, my ID and the photo of check and they did check all three. No issue the next day. Now I did buy auto for $12k CASH in 2019 in another adjoining state from individual. Amazes me they didn't check this guy out. Too bad for them. And the thief has some big whopping balls to try and pull that off.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #12  
I think that pos will get caught . Dang sure can't bring tractor in for warranty work or repair . Can't sell . Too much of a trail still . Even pic's if he drove far and fueled somewhere . Maybe he didn't have them girly gloves on when he handed check over and they got all kinds of fingerprints on that also .
That truck also has a roll over top when gooseneck not being used . Imo gonna take a little time but that pos " will get caught " .
For starters I hope he gets his azz kicked when they do .

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #13  
Sorry but the dealer should have easily caught this. Every cashier's check has the name of the bank and a phone number on it. It's not like the second he walks out the door he's gone. He still has to load the tractor. Someone should have been calling the bank to confirm it's legit. In today's age it's easy to search the internet for the bank and call the number on the website and confirm the check. Most likely their insurance will cover it if the equipment isn't found but there's plenty of routine steps that should have been taken.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him?
Being that the perp went to such lengths to pull this off, I doubt a judge will have mercy on him. Especially, if he traveled across state lines.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #15  
Many don't feel comfortable carrying that amount of cash. And nowadays it can get confiscated if the cops have to stop you/investigate an accident/etc... And thats if the bank will even dole it out to you.
No foolin… new teller at bank going to for 25 years refused to take my cash deposit to my rental business account.

It was a new tenant and she paid rent and security in cash to be able to move in the next day.

My coworker’s daughter is off to college and he went to Wells Fargo to deposit $600 cash in her account with filled out deposit slip for a computer she was buying and was also refused.

Cash may be King but on a $900 sale one bill was counterfeit and nothing I could do about it.

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #17  
I don't know there "routine " or set up in that establishment but how about remote posibility it's also an inside job or thief had a heads up regarding lax procedure(s) .

/ Guy uses fake check to steal Massey tractor...recognize him? #18  
When I bought my MF as a trade in from a Deere dealer, I was concerned that the dealership in a town I'd never heard of before might doubt my check. The salesman said they got a lot of big checks and had some kind of service to quickly verify that it was good.