Happy BIRD-day!

/ Happy BIRD-day! #91  
I'm too lazy to shell them... I just eat shell and all. Good fiber. LOL

/ Happy BIRD-day! #92  
Kyle, it's been a lot of years since I went to any ballgames in person, but I used to occasionally go the Texas Rangers baseball games and buy the peanuts in the shell. However I sit out on the patio with the roasted in the shell peanuts here in pretty weather, drop the shells into a bucket, but don't worry about missing the bucket either because I just pull the hose out the shop door and plow off the deck with compressed air.:D

I've never traded with Costco. I understand they're good and it's not too far to one, but we've traded with Sam's Club since the first one came to Dallas, and I just can't see paying for membership in a second place like that. In fact, it annoys me to pay Sam's Club or anyone else to get them to let me spend my money in their store.

But I do buy Margaret the big containers of cashews at Sam's Club. I like cashews with peanuts or mixed nuts, but not so much buy themselves, like Margaret prefers.

The cajun peanuts were a bit different. I don't think I'd seen any before. Of course I've never found any kind of cajun food I didn't like. I experimented a bit; tried warming some in the microwave, not enough to roast them anymore, just enough to warm them and decided they were even better warm. Of course, I eat lots of roasted peanuts cold, and they're good, but they're all just a little better warm.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #93  
Bird, how about boiled peanuts? When I lived in Florida you would see them selling them on the side of the road. Some had Barbeque flavor, some cajun flavor. I never got used to the slimy things. I prefer them roasted myself.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #94  
I'm too lazy to shell them... I just eat shell and all. Good fiber. LOL

I'm not sure I've known of anyone eating shell and all. However, at the Lee County Peanut Company in Giddings, TX, they had a large sheet metal building into which the shells were blown from the shelling machines. I was in there one day when there was a farmer with a big scoop loading his pickup with those shells. The shells were very small, and the floor of the building was almost like walking in 4" deep very fine dust, but there were still a few shells that were fair sized. I asked the farmer what he did with the stuff he was loading and he said he fed it to his calves. He said he poured those shells through another grinder he had to make sure there were no pieces large enough for a calf to choke on, then mixed in molasses before feeding it to the calves. He said it made very good feed for cattle, so I guess if the food value is there, they might be good for humans, too.:D

/ Happy BIRD-day! #95  
Bird, how about boiled peanuts? When I lived in Florida you would see them selling them on the side of the road. Some had Barbeque flavor, some cajun flavor. I never got used to the slimy things. I prefer them roasted myself.

Jay, I've never seen, so never tried, the boiled peanuts. From what I've heard and read, it just doesn't sound like something I'd want, but can't say for sure. I do prefer my peanuts roasted, buttered, and salted, except I do like the ones in various kinds of candy. Apparently the Honey Roasted Peanuts and Beer Nuts are quite popular, and they're not bad, but I'd rather have mine without that coating.

I'll never forget having peanuts in english peas one night in the hospital in 1949. I'd never before, or since, seen peanuts cooked in with english peas. I didn't care much for it, but I was raised to always eat everything on the plate. That night, I was violently sick and vomiting most of the night. Now I can't say the peanuts and english peas caused me to be sick, but I just about couldn't eat english peas without gagging for several years.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #96  
Bird, several years ago, during the winter, I got a trailer load of shells from LCPC for the garden. When I was unloading a couple of bees came and landed on the shells and dust and you would have thought the ground shells were flowers. Before I could finish unloading there were hundreds of happy bees acting like they had found the mother load of pollen. :rolleyes:

/ Happy BIRD-day! #97  
Don, that's something else I never heard of, but of course, if I still had a garden, I'd sure be tilling the shells into it. I used to till my pecan shells into the garden, also, but I usually ran them through the little 5 hp Craftsman chipper/shredder so they were almost dust when they went into the garden.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #98  
I'll never forget having peanuts in english peas one night in the hospital in 1949. I'd never before, or since, seen peanuts cooked in with english peas. I didn't care much for it, but I was raised to always eat everything on the plate. That night, I was violently sick and vomiting most of the night. Now I can't say the peanuts and english peas caused me to be sick, but I just about couldn't eat english peas without gagging for several years.

Ha! It's not funny that you got violently sick but is funny that it only had an effect on your thought of the English peas!:D Kind of makes a different meaning to "pea-nut", huh?:eek::D

/ Happy BIRD-day! #99  
Jay, I guess it was because the english peas had a different flavor coming up from what they had going down, but I never remembered tasting the peanuts coming up since any flavor they had was overpowered by the english peas.:D

/ Happy BIRD-day! #100  
Jay, I guess it was because the english peas had a different flavor coming up from what they had going down, but I never remembered tasting the peanuts coming up since any flavor they had was overpowered by the english peas.:D

:D:D Hhhmm, hhhmm good! and right here before lunch!:eek::D