Happy BIRD-day!

/ Happy BIRD-day! #101  
Bird, I had a vomiting experience once and developed a hatred for it. Only it was Cuervo Gold Tequila and I still hate the stuff...:eek:

Had boiled peanuts once while stationed at Fort Rucker Alabama. Did not care for them. I think you have to be raised on them to like them like that???

/ Happy BIRD-day! #102  
Kyle, it's been many, many years since I got commode huggin' drunk.:D However, I did make myself a frozen margarita with a little Agavales Gold Tequila this afternoon. I don't know how it would compare to Cuervo.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #103  
Bird, the best for the buck (pun intended) is Cazadores (Hunter's) brand. It has a buck printed on the label. It's what the locals drink. 100% blue agave and smooth...;)

/ Happy BIRD-day! #104  
Kyle, the only way I drink tequila is a little bit in frozen margaritas now and then, so I figure the cheap stuff is probably just about as good as any. I not only made a margarita yesterday, but since I was nearly out of tequila, I bought a new large bottle, so it's likely to last me a year or so and I'll probably forget what brand you said by then.:D

/ Happy BIRD-day! #105  
If you go back to jinman's post #4 in this thread and look at the last attached photo, you'll see that 25# bag, plus a 2# bag, plus a ziplock bag. The ziplock bag was shelled, roasted, "Cajun" peanuts and I ate them pretty quickly. But being a bit lazy, when I buy raw peanuts to roast myself, I buy raw shelled peanuts.:eek: The 27# in that photo are raw peanuts still in the shell. Now I'm lazy, but not lazy enough to let good peanuts go to waste, so since we've had a bit of cool, wet weather the last couple of weeks, that gave me something to do in my spare time. And I just finished this morning.

I've always known that peanut shells or hulls were pretty light in weight, but never really knew how light; i.e., what percentage was shell. Now I know.:D Starting with 27#, I now have 21.5# of raw, shelled peanuts in the freezer in one quart ziplock bags. So the shells are barely over 20% of the weight.

So, I'll have some good peanuts to snack on for several weeks. Thanks, Don & Kyle.

The above was quoted from February 7 of this year. And I just now ate the last of those peanuts. I made them last longer than I expected.:laughing: Thanks again, Don & Kyle.

/ Happy BIRD-day!
Bird, have you ever had boiled green peanuts? My neighbor has lots of relatives in Georgia and had them send him a case of microwaveable boiling bags of boiled green peanuts. They're in salt water in the bag, and you put them into the microwave for 90 seconds to heat them up. They don't get hot, just warm. When you crack open the shell, they are saturated with the salt water. I found them a bit rubbery and frankly, slimy.:p My neighbor loves them and said his kids and grandkids love them, but I'll take the roasted Lee County Peanut Co.'s peanuts anyday to those boiled green peanuts.

Georgia/Carolina members, please don't be offended. We often develop a taste for things from a lifetime of eating them. I can see where some folks might have a taste for boiled green peanuts, but I just don't care for them.:(

/ Happy BIRD-day! #107  
Nope, Jim, I've never had the boiled peanuts. I'd be willing to try them, but don't thing I'd want them.:D

/ Happy BIRD-day! #108  
Bird, have you ever had boiled green peanuts? My neighbor has lots of relatives in Georgia and had them send him a case of microwaveable boiling bags of boiled green peanuts. They're in salt water in the bag, and you put them into the microwave for 90 seconds to heat them up. They don't get hot, just warm. When you crack open the shell, they are saturated with the salt water. I found them a bit rubbery and frankly, slimy.:p My neighbor loves them and said his kids and grandkids love them, but I'll take the roasted Lee County Peanut Co.'s peanuts anyday to those boiled green peanuts.

Georgia/Carolina members, please don't be offended. We often develop a taste for things from a lifetime of eating them. I can see where some folks might have a taste for boiled green peanuts, but I just don't care for them.:(

Boiled peanuts is an acquired taste that I have acquired many moons ago..

May you try them as would would oysters!

J

/ Happy BIRD-day! #109  
May you try them as would would oysters!

I've eaten quite a few raw oysters and they're not bad, but it just seems such a waste since they're so much better smoked or fried. The best raw ones I've eaten were when my dad & I harvested them in the Port Aransas area, and we'd pop one open and eat it right as it came out of the ocean; really fresh.

But I'll never forget the night over 40 years ago when my wife and I went to a very nice restaurant on our wedding anniversary, and I talked her into just trying a raw oyster. She got it in her mouth, rocked back and forth, heaving, cheeks swelled out, and I was thinking, "Ooooohhhhh, nnnooooo, not here!" She finally swallowed it, and she hasn't touched an oyster, raw or otherwise, since.

/ Happy BIRD-day! #110  
Had boiled peanuts over in southern Alabama. Don't care for them.

I don't eat raw oysters. Too much chance of major illness and death. Plus, growing up fishing in Port O'connor Texas, I've seen what they live in. Fry 'em up, kill the bacteria, and I'll beat a path to your door.