Harbor Freight Tools that DO SUCK II

/ Harbor Freight Tools that DO SUCK II #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Guess we need a new HF tools that suck thread. Lets keep the politics out and the crappy tools in ok?:eek:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that DO SUCK II #2  
I'm not sure if it does or not, but I don't see how anybody can use these without wasting a wrist, shoulder, rib. hip or .....

22447533.png

I don't see 'safe' here at all.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that DO SUCK II #3  
I'm not sure if it does or not, but I don't see how anybody can use these without wasting a wrist, shoulder, rib. hip or .....

22447533.png

I don't see 'safe' here at all.

it's got a grade 8 bolt as a sheer pin holding the auger on,
what more safety do you need :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that DO SUCK II #4  
Personally wouldn't want to use one. I've seen several landscape contractors use them with 2 people many times.

Bunch of videos with people riding them.

Redneck Auger Riding!! - YouTube

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that DO SUCK II #5  
I have one hanging in the garage.... it does work quite well actually. It helps to have a second person holding on.... Back in the day, I put 60 4x4 posts with one. Now that I have the tractor with a PHD, I wouldn't think of touching the HF one!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that DO SUCK II
Well, my word to the wise is don't buy the HF multi size step drill sets and expect to drill anything but aluminum and plastic. They don't cut the mustard on mild steel. Instant dull. Total bust. They are cheap and cheaply made. Save yourself some grief and get the Irwin or DeWalt step drills. Much better.

Of course they aren't as cheap either but unlike the HF step drills, you can actually drill steel with them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that DO SUCK II #7  
Drills, blades, etc. in general are all items I tend to avoid buying from HF.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that DO SUCK II
Problem with getting old is not remembering you started a thread... ooops.