Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,651  
Yes I have the drywall lift. Looks a bit crazy but works fine. I used it to put 1/2" 4x8 sheets on a 10 ft shop ceiling about 1000 sq ft. My brother in law also uses one. Even for one job, it is faster and cheaper than getting a couple "helpers" and working off of sawhorses or ladders. You can raise the panel up and then jiggle it into perfect position.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,652  
Yes I have the drywall lift. Looks a bit crazy but works fine. I used it to put 1/2" 4x8 sheets on a 10 ft shop ceiling about 1000 sq ft. My brother in law also uses one. Even for one job, it is faster and cheaper than getting a couple "helpers" and working off of sawhorses or ladders. You can raise the panel up and then jiggle it into perfect position.

They are nice then?? We have a old farm house that needs drywalled

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,653  
It did what I needed. You might start a new thread on drywalling your farm house, to get more ideas from other people.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,654  
Anyone have the drywall lift.

This is a long thread with lots of good reviews. To search for a specific item in a thread, go to the upper right header and click on "Search Thread". Type "drywall" in there and click "search" or hit your enter key. You can also open the advanced search option from that drop down for a more detailed search.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,655  
Bought a cheap drywall lift from amazon that works ok.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,656  
I bought and like the "ATV" rack and like it better for less.

"This review is for the 500# ATV carrier NOT the 150#. I compared them both in the store and this one is far superior. It is made of quality materials and took maybe 5 minutes to assemble. The sales guy didnt know there were two versions of this until he checked the stock room. HF should make this clearer. I use this on my Wrangler and I like this product better than the other carriers because it provides more ground clearance for the rear end---plus its almost half the price."

From the HF website and he meant 300#
300 lb. Capacity ATV Cargo Carrier

We find that it holds all we can fit on it and more, it works well on the back of our truck, tractor, ballast box, and boxblade.

That said, I'm not sure your grounding idea will keep sparks fom flying... Isn't the static generated by the friction of the gasoline against the gas cans?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,658  
The only complaints I have read about these is the crappy tires/wheels on them- everything else has been given glowing reviews.

Drywall lift?

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,659  
Ditto the predator engine we put on our DR Brush mower, although after not running it for way too long, I did have to take apart and clean out the carburator, which by the way, was an incredible amount easier than doing the same to the old B&S motor that came on it.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,660  
Re: impact sockets - do you label them?

THANKS!

Once again the TBN borg pulls through with the answer immediately!

Great call, for the (hopefully few) TBNers who aren't Trekkers, I think I should explain.

Newbury's reference is to a Star Trek Next Generation creation called "The Borg Collective"- an assimilated group of organisms with electronic components that compose an actual group mind or hive organism.

It is an insightful and apt analogy to the disseminated group mind of which we have all become a part.