Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,641  
I was told it's the law that cans must be filled while on the ground. I tried filling cans while they were in the back of my truck only one time, and the station cut the pump off immediately and wouldn't turn it on until I placed the cans on the ground. I'm not sure how that carrier would be interpreted though.

That's been my understanding as well, although I doubt all station attendants are as vigilant. As for grounding, I'm not seeing how they would be any better grounded in a rack attached to the frame than in a truck bed that's bolted to the frame, and that evidently doesn't fly.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,642  
Cans on the ground are "grounded" lessening the electrical potential. Cans on a vehicle are isolated by the tires. Fuel moving through the hose creates a large static charge. The nozzle, when in contact with the vehicle while refueling creates a bond which equalizes the electrical potential as I understand it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,643  
Bought a 5hp horizontal shaft gasoline engine for $99 to replace an ancient B&S on an ancient rototiller. Bolted right on and have Been using it for 3 years without a problem.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,644  
impact sockets - do you label them?

I use a lot of HF's impact sockets - but I consider them a pain at times because it's almost impossible to read the sizes without a flashlight.
Has anyone figured out a good labeling method?

I was considering a sudsy wash and scrub over the actual number then tracing the number w/ some white paint. What paint would stick the best?
Any other ideas?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,645  
I would just use whiteout over the number area, then scrape the excess off with a razor blade.

Aaron Z

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,646  
Re: impact sockets - do you label them?

HF's impact sockets ... Has anyone figured out a good labeling method?... What paint would stick the best?
The paint-pens like a junkyard uses to label parts will stick to anything. I think this one from Ace Hardware is what I have out in the barn.

I painted over the stamped sizes on those black impact sockets then rubbed off the excess with a rag. This leaves white paint in the indentations.

I also painted a white ring around the socket that I reach for most often, for lug nuts.

I've also used that white paint-pen to write 'SAE' and 'Metric' on two dogbone wrenches that look identical. The paint is still intact and those are chromed. I can't think of any better marking paint.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,647  

I would just use whiteout over the number area, then scrape the excess off with a razor blade.

Aaron Z

The paint-pens like a junkyard uses to label parts will stick to anything. I think this one from Ace Hardware is what I have out in the barn.

I painted over the stamped sizes on those black impact sockets then rubbed off the excess with a rag. This leaves white paint in the indentations.

I also painted a white ring around the socket that I reach for most often, for lug nuts.

I've also used that white paint-pen to write 'SAE' and 'Metric' on two dogbone wrenches that look identical. The paint is still intact and those are chromed. I can't think of any better marking paint.

THANKS!

Once again the TBN borg pulls through with the answer immediately!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,648  

Great idea.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,649  
Been watching thread for awhile. I can not remember if anyone has bought the drywall lift. If anyone has bought one please give your thoughts.