Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,331  
My SAE flex head ratcheting wrench set has disappeared. I'm sure I just left it some where while I was working on something, but it's been a few weeks with no sign of it. I'm sure the best way to make it show up again is to buy a replacement, so I'm in the market.

My old set was a Gearwrench. It seemed to hold up well for me. Wondering what the relative quality levels are of Gearwrench, Klutch, and Quinn. Does anyone have experience in these brands? (I like Icon tools, but don't see much in flex heads for that line.)
Check this video out. Gearwrench rates high if I remember correctly. I really like their tools.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,332  
I had a cheap $20 grinder burn out on me Monday when I was grinding down a cracked uneven driveway with a diamond wheel. They easily replaced it but I'm likely pushing it beyond its ability.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,333  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,334  
I had a cheap $20 grinder burn out on me Monday when I was grinding down a cracked uneven driveway with a diamond wheel. They easily replaced it but I'm likely pushing it beyond its ability.
Depends.... how long is your driveway? 😅

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,336  
The crack at my mom's is roughly 5' and I got through half before it overheated and burned out. The crack and difference in height is an inch.
Wow you can cut down concrete - presumably feathering from an inch to zero over a few inches - and you got 2.5 ft down the line when it quit? I didn't know a diamond disc could remove that much material.

What size angle grinder, 4.5, 7, 9 inch?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,337  
Wow you can cut down concrete - presumably feathering from an inch to zero over a few inches - and you got 2.5 ft down the line when it quit? I didn't know a diamond disc could remove that much material.

4.5 disc $30 at HD
Grinder $20 at HF

The community I'm in in FL during the winter has sidewalks that were raised by the oaks they planted 15yo ago and they grinded them down to be gradual and not a trip hazard. I stole their idea but I'm sure they used a better grinder. 😉

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,338  

Here's what I see on my daily walks. Why they planted oaks that would damage sidewalks as the roots as it grows is beyond me.

24CCE462-109E-41CD-AEDF-2CE5FCBF7B46.jpeg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,339  
Here's what I see on my daily walks. Why they planted oaks that would damage sidewalks as the roots as it grows is beyond me.
Any oaks we have here are very slow growing, maybe a different species in Fla. that grows faster? I wouldn't have thought any tree would grow enough in 15 years to damage a sidewalk. 50 maybe...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,340  
Any oaks we have here are very slow growing, maybe a different species in Fla. that grows faster? I wouldn't have thought any tree would grow enough in 15 years to damage a sidewalk. 50 maybe...
Many old neighborhoods have cracked or heaving sidewalks from 50-100 year old trees. Worth it IMHO.