Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,671  
The recent Closeouts email brochure included the 1/2" torque wrench that has been $10~$12 since forever. I hope they aren't dropping it for something new that does the same thing for north of $50.

I've had one for 20+ years and it always tests identical to my Craftsman and S-K beam-style torque wrenches, when I make a comparison a couple of times per project.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,672  
Crazy.. the dead battery syndrome in our generator hits all of us..
I get around it by having a “jump box” at the ready..
Also found if u disconnect the leads to the battery when stored, the charge lasts a lot longer.. or it might be my imagination..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,673  
I'll find out. I get free stuff from Amazon.
I’ve been getting free stuff from Home Depot for years. Since last year dollar value has dropped considerably. The best we got was a Bosch
Refrigerator! Four years ago!
image.jpg
How did you get on their program?

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,674  
I'll find out. I get free stuff from Amazon to review and a LiFePO4 charger was in the list. Yesterday I started charging the battery to see what happens. It's not much above freezing in my garage so I'm thinking of getting a quick disconnect for the battery and keeping it in the basement until needed.
"Lithium mode" on common car battery maintenance chargers turns off once a preset voltage is reached. Then resume when voltage falls to another preset voltage.

Continuous low current charging wears out LiFePO4 cells.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,675  
Also found if u disconnect the leads to the battery when stored, the charge lasts a lot longer.. or it might be my imagination..
It's not. I do that with my farm tractors all the time and they sit all winter and in the spring after I reconnect the negative post, they start right up.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,676  
I must be doing something right (or wrong). After ordering the 56" roller toolbox a few weeks ago I got another "No exclusion" coupon. This one was just for 15% off. So I bought a top box they had in stock.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,677  
It's not. I do that with my farm tractors all the time and they sit all winter and in the spring after I reconnect the negative post, they start right up.
I would say that'd depend on the age of the equipment. I don't see why that would make a difference on something that doesn't have any "always on" electronics.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,678  
I would say that'd depend on the age of the equipment. I don't see why that would make a difference on something that doesn't have any "always on" electronics.
Makes all the difference for me. Any flooded cell battery looses about 10% of it's total charge per month standing but that increase quite a bit when it's hooked to battery cables, especially if the cables and clamps are corroded and I do it as an anti theft measure when they sit in the field overnight. A thief or kids would never think to look under the hood in the first place.

I farm with my tractors unlike most on here so any theft deterrent is to my advantage. They often stay in the fields when farming.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,679  
it's not....
or it might be my imagination..
it's not.....

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,680  
I see HF is offering a 10% off no exclusions coupon for everyone. I'm wondering if they are seeing sales decline and are trying to boost foot traffic.