harbor freight weed burner

/ harbor freight weed burner #11  
My HF torch fits my tanks no problem. Quite the torch. I used it to weed my walkways and driveway.

/ harbor freight weed burner #12  
I have that torch in the manual ignition version. I close the valve on the torch. Open the valve on the tank fully. Get my sparker ready. Slightly turn the torch valve open and spark. If it doesn’t poof, open the torch valve a little more. Repeat until it lights.

If you open the torch valve too much when trying to light, it will go POOF and go out immediately.

So I’d suggest a less-is-more when lighting. Once it’s lit, then adjust per the owner’s manual.

Turn the Gas Control Knob slightly counterclockwise.
7. With the Propane Torch in a vertical position in a safe direction, push the Push Button Igniter to activate
the electric start. It may be necessary to push the Push Button Igniter several times to ignite the flame.
8. Adjust the flame to its lowest setting while maintaining a blue flame with an orange halo.
9. To achieve a working flame, depress the Trigger, then apply flame to work surface.
10. Release the Trigger to return to low flame.

/ harbor freight weed burner #13  
Mine came with a knob as a “pilot”. If you pull the main trigger with a jerk it will often flame out. Treat it like a firearm - gently squeeze the trigger

/ harbor freight weed burner #16  
You gotta ease into it on the new tanks. They will shut off with any quick increase in volume. I use the weed burner's handle on my old tanks and the knob on the newer ones. I use this same weed burner at least once a week for it's intended purpose and also cooking. Best steak sear and brisket bark anywhere.

/ harbor freight weed burner
Got it hooked up & got propane in the tank, but when I pull the trigger it gives me a short instant of higher flow and then dies immediately
as it turns out there is a sweet spot for the piot light setting too much and it's no good too little the samme

/ harbor freight weed burner #18  
as it turns out there is a sweet spot for the piot light setting too much and it's no good too little the samme
Yes. The same thing happens on small propane torches used for soldering pipe. Everyone cranks the valve and hits the sparker and nothing happens. Too much gas. Turn it off, and gradually open the valve while sparking until it lights. Then adjust for the flame that you want.

/ harbor freight weed burner #19  
Weird, I use that fitting with propane bottles on my cutting torch.
I've used propane ever since the first time I saw it years ago. Lasts too.