Have any strange delivery experiences being rural?

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #41  
Mostly just packages chucked from long range into our bushes which I find days to weeks later. Did order a gallon of diesel fuel additive which was thrown into my garage. The container had a slight crack and leaked a little on my concrete.

The ”old school” UPS guys were a lot more professional.
The “new world” Amazon guys/gals in their leased vans are what I would call “hacks”.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #42  
The quality of delivery service largely depends on your location. We live in a rural area at the end of a 1.25 mile, very steep but well maintained, private road. We are blessed with good service from USPS, Fedex and UPS. All deliver to our door with very few problems. We are on a first name basis with most of the drivers which really helps. We find tipping during the holidays also promotes good service.

We have a friend in the next town over who isn't so lucky. She's an artist who frequently receives artwork in long cardboard tubes. Her driveway is a quarter mile long off a main road and USPS leaves anything that won't fit in the mailbox on the ground. Theft, vandalism and the weather has destroyed quite a bit of valuable art over the years. UPS and FedEx deliver to her door with no problem.

After numerous complaints to the postmaster, it was suggested she get a P.O. box which she did. Now, even though they are labeled "Fragile", the clerks at the post office fold the cardboard tubes in half and jam them into the box thus destroying the art! The poor girl just can't win!

Obviously, she avoids using USPS whenever possible.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #43  
the clerks at the post office fold the cardboard tubes in half and jam them into the box thus destroying the art!
What idiots. I had a PO box here for a short time. Any mail that wouldn't fit in the box was held and a note left in the box. The "note" was a standard USPS form so I know the process should be standard. I'd be filing a complaint with/on the Postmaster.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #44  
I know our fed ex drivers here can't read.

Even with addresses on mailboxes and houses, everyone gets each other's stuff.

Wife came home one time and found a nice 2 up kayak by the door. She was excited that I got it for her....nope guy 3 houses down.

She called me once asking why I bought 4 tires that don't even fit our vehicles....same guys as the above.

Neighbor came over 2 days ago with the engine stand I ordered.

Luckily theft isn't a problem around here and folks actually do deliver to each other.

It's a crap shoot though on who gets what

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #45  
It took a while but finally got the word to all those who deliver. "Put the package in a garbage bag and hang on the inside of my first gate". Saves them time on the two gates and a mile long private driveway. I'll get their email and go collect the pkg.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #46  
amazing pretty much everyone here gets home delivery…. You don’t know how good you have it. Delivery to the house next door is only a mile so that would be better than 10 miles to the pick up a package. it Wouldn’t be too bad but i can’t even pick something up same day as delivery. Everything has to wait 2 days minimum for the slip…

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #47  
10 miles would be nice, here it is 30+ miles to post office. Unless they leave at the grocery in town.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #48  
My neighbor has a side hustle repairing small gas engines. He receives a fair amount of packages, especially factoring in his family so he put one of these down near the foot of the drive to keep the dummies off the pavement.
Great idea.
Screenshot_20220909-130239_Lowe's.jpg

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #49  
Knock on wood we have not had any trouble with any of them. The only ones that seem off to me is when Amazon delivers in a personal unmarked vehicle. Some strange car pulling into my drive.... then they get out.... then they finally put on the amazon vest so you know what is going on.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #50  
Not pertinent to USA, and this is an International forum, but we moved to Orkney (look it up if necessary) just over a year ago from Portugal. We have ordered numerous things online and everything has been delivered quicker than the supplier advised - everything. Drivers here are obviously locals so will have deliveries themselves. It is automatic that things are put in a small shed near the house and a note stuck in the letterbox (built into the front door as is normal in UK).

It does not matter how it is sent, deliveries are either by Royal Mail or a company by the name of Streamline.