Have any strange delivery experiences being rural?

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #61  
UPS and FedEx good at my location. USPS is beyond horrible. Just one of many stories. I was not getting any mail for couple weeks even after leaving notes in mailbox asking what was going on. So went to local office and staff said they would look in to it. Another week goes and no mail. So i go back to the office and ask what gives. Different staff tells me they would look in to it. I said that was not good enough and I wasn’t leaving till i had answer. She went in back did something then came back. Told me my address did not show in their compute. We got in a long drawn out conversation about my address was not correct because the computer did not show it. So she got her boss who started down same argument that must be new address for new house. House was built in 60s. Just so happened the rural carrier was at the facility so the boss had her come up. And asked her about the address. She described my property and location of house and talked about how long it had been there. Supervisor got quit. Found out all my mail was getting sent to some central mail location since the computer said my address did not exist. Supervisor typed me a letter saying they had screwed up.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #62  
It was around sixteen years ago. I was expecting a pkg via Big Brown. Knock on the door - driver has his big brown truck stuck on my mile long driveway. I pulled him up - out of the valley - with the tractor. It was his first run to my house. He didn't know to accelerate up out of the valley.

Now pkgs are in the mail box or hanging on the gate in a garbage bag. Everybody is happy.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #63  
Been at my current place for five and one half years. I share an easement with one other home. The easement did not show on GPS, Maps, etc. Not unusual in rural KY. I soon discovered that the former owner went ten miles into town to the PO where he had a box. I ended up putting my address down then (off xxxx road) which worked.

I had an expidited FedEx delivery that I had to drive about an hour away to pick up because they told me that kind of delivery does not share addresses with the locals and my address would not come up for them. Weird because our regular FedEx comes from the same place?

Only issue with UPS was when my driveway had a couple of inches of snow on it and the driver left the package in my large mailbox. Can they do that? I mean, I was okay because I got my item. Only way I thought to look was I got notice that it was delivered.

USPS is great here. On the rare occasion that something will not go into our big box, the driver will come to the house and put in on our covered porch as opposed to our closer side door which does not have any kind of roof over it.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #64  
   / Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #65  
I don't go down and check my mail every day. Particularly, on days like today, when it's colder than a well driller butt and the snow is deep.

I ALWAYS get an email letting me know a package has been delivered. I don't know if this is a standard practice but I certainly do appreciate it.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #66  
My better half got a text tonight that here Amazon delivery was 7 stops away. There was a link and when she clicked on it a map of our neighborhood pulled up showing the location of the delivery truck as a Santa Claus sled. She watched the sled move right to our house.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #67  
   / Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #68  
USPS has never made a delivery directly to my house. Always at or in the mail box. FedEx & UPS were happy to deliver to my house. UNTIL they had to make a winter delivery. They were very happy when I suggested - leave the pkg at the outer gate in a plastic garbage bag.

I was surprised to see this notification system used by Amazon.

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #69  
Found a UPS delivery in my gas BBQ....

/ Have any strange delivery experiences being rural? #70  
Had a pickup pull up my drive the other day that I didn’t recognize. It was the postmaster from our post office. He was delivering boxes that wouldn’t fit in the mailboxes. Told me his carriers were out after dark so he was helping them out.
Our mailman and UPS driver do an excellent job. Never know who the Fedex driver will be and have had three different drivers deliver from fedex the same day. Kinda seems inefficient.