Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck?

/ Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck? #11  
Have you tried backing that tractor on to the trailer to help out that Dakota some? Does not look too bad but it may help some with the tongue weight and allow for better steering control.

Chris

/ Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck? #12  
Yep
had to weigh it to register it because somehow the weight slip got lost. Of course, it was totally full of fuel, including the aux tank (for the tractors)
300 gallons of diesel

17,900 lbs
Man was I mad.
Cost a TON to register.
So, now for the next 10 years I have to pull registration on 2000lbs of fuel
bah

Full up with both tractors, trailer, etc weighs just over 55,000 pounds

(since you probably think I'm kidding. I'm not, Freightliner Columbia with a TK70HT)

/ Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck? #13  
Chris is dead on - on all points - I have a '95 F-350 SRW (gas) and an '03 Ram 2500 Cummins - I can overload the F-350 and it rides nice with barely any squat (and this at 220K+ miles). Put 3/4 ton load in the 2500 and it squats and sways - not bad, but enough that it annoys me and will never go 3/4 ton again - and it is why I still have the F-350.....:D

-Eric
I'd like to have a dump bed pick up so are you saying go 1 ton over 3/4 ?

/ Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck? #14  
For sure you will need a 1 ton. Remember a dump bed adds 2,000# or more to the trucks empty weight so if you are planning on hauling 4,000# in the dump bed you will need a dually.

Just one question LBrown? You seem to ask a lot of questions which is good. This has been going on for some time. Are you going to go for it and take the plunge and buy a HD truck and trailer? Or is this just more talk? And if you do will you use either one to justify a $30,000 rig? I know I could not justify it for just toting my tractors around a occasional broken down second vehicle. You could have a tow truck come out 100 times at $300 a tow and still be money ahead because you will need to plate, insure, and maintain these new toys.

Chris

/ Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck? #15  
My 1984 F150 regular cab long bed, with crossbed tool box and 2 people weighs 4,400.

Ain't she sweet? Have no idea what the load of logs weighed, but it was too much....

/ Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck? #16  
Forgot to attach the piccy

Attachments

• 5-31-08 003 B.JPG
    5-31-08 003 B.JPG
    376.3 KB · Views: 106
   / Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck? #17  
Shes a beauty Clark!

Really though looks like a good old hard working girl!:)

Chris

/ Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck? #18  
Yea, its around $3.00 here at a truck stop. You are right about the SRW trucks. I have 2 Ford Diesels that are SRW. They are very tough.

My 2004 F-250 has a GVWR of 10,000#-the truck and me at 7,500# leaves 2,500#.

My 2006 F-350 has a GVWR of 11,500#- the truck and me at 7,600# leaves 3,900#.

That is the reason I tell everyone not t bother with the F-250. As you can see the same truck in a F-350 will carry another 1,400# in my case and I can tell no difference in the ride. I have owned 2 3/4 ton trucks(Dodge and Ford) and 3 1 tons(2 Fords and one GM) and can not really tell any difference in the ride of any of them. The current truck I have, the 2006 F-350, will handle the weight better than any of the past trucks. SRW 1 tons are the best keep secret out there. I drove a dully for a while and will never do that again unless all I was doing was transporting down the highway. But not for a driver.

Chris
Does SRW Mean Single Rear Wheel ?