hazard light issue

/ hazard light issue #1  

citytransplant

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 270DTC
Took delivery of my new Farmtrac 270DTC on Saturday, July 1. This is my first tractor. While going through the “once over” in my driveway with the dealer, we found that the hazard flashers worked perfectly. So good in fact, that they failed to switch off. We had to manually hold the switch in the off position to get them to stop flashing. Immediately upon releasing pressure on the switch however, they would again begin to flash. Eventually I pulled the fuse so as to be able to operate the tractor without lights flashing.

Dealer away on vacation until after the July 4 holiday and he said he would send his wrench out to take a look at it then. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be other than a faulty switch? Maybe I can save the guy a trip.

Other than the flashers, all appears perfect. I ran the little brut for 3 hours tearing into a creek bank so that our horses can easily gain access to 4 acres on the other side.

/ hazard light issue #3  
I'll second the bad switch problem.

/ hazard light issue #5  
Mine hasn't worked at all since I took delivery.

/ hazard light issue #7  
Slacker said:
Mine hasn't worked at all since I took delivery.

When was it delivered?:confused:

/ hazard light issue #8  
Dusty said:
When was it delivered?:confused:

About 3 months ago. The hazard switch has a rubber cover over it for moisture protection. Its never worked. I'll get with the dealer one of these days. Its used as a woods tractor so hazard lights aren't really a high priority, but its a new $23,000 tractor so all the stuff should work!

/ hazard light issue #9  
Maybe you guys could get joint custody of the switch...

/ hazard light issue #10  
Solved my hazard light issue (same as the first post: wouldn't shut off easily). As usual, my local dealer had the answer. It seems the rubber boot does interfere with the normal operation of the rocker switch. He recommended (and it worked) being careful to press the extreme top and bottom edges of the boot when turning the lights on and off. It's still a little tricky getting just the right "spot" on the edge, but it does work.

Up to 27 hours on mine and it's still moving dirt and rocks. I have made so many new friends since taking delivery...hmmmm I may have a busy spring with neighbors' projects.