HD box blade?

/ HD box blade? #11  
my 84" Land Pride w/retractable rippers (manual) has done an outstanding job, very hd. highly recommend hyd top link for the blade if you already don't have & have an extra rear valve for it.
not sure i'd go for an 8' blade on a tractor that size, but will let others advise you on that, happy hunting

Last edited:
   / HD box blade? #12  
I bought a 72" Bush Hog ROBB that weighs 725 pounds. I got this unit because one of it's "roll over options" is scarifiers. And the entire roll over options are non-hydraulic.

My virgin soil is HARD. To get any work done - I first hit it with the scarifiers. Then I can move into the box blade option.

Without scarifiers I would need a standard box blade in the 1200 pound category.

With any land engagement implement - weight is your friend. Particularly if breaking virgin soil.

BTW - my rear tires are 80" - outside to outside. The 72" ROBB works just fine - being slightly narrower.

/ HD box blade? #13  
I bought an older Hawse brand box blade. I used it behind a 60hp ford to a 19hp kubota. Anything heavy in the Lb category is what I would look for. Meaning I would get the one with the heavyweight weight.

If your buying new I would look for a cat 2 box blade. Generaly there built alot better and the cheaper brands arnt really going to offer anything cat 2.

/ HD box blade? #14  
my 84" Land Pride w/retractable rippers (manual) has done an outstanding job, very hd. highly recommend hyd top link for the blade if you already don't have & have an extra rear valve for it.
not sure i'd go for an 8' blade on a tractor that size, but will let others advise you on that, happy hunting
I bought a used older Land Pride w/retractable rippers (manual). I converted it to hydraulic. I'm guessing it's weight at 950lbs. I use a hyd top link and hyd side link. What a combination. Great weight. Tough as a boot. I'll never wear it out or break it. I've stopped my 95hp 10K lb tractor dead in it's tracks with the rippers down. I paid $1,000 for it. Best implement bargain I've purchased.

20140707_161903 (1280x720) (1024x576).jpg

/ HD box blade? #15  
Just make sure whatever you buy has the rippers mounted to the back of the cross tube instead of slotted through it. That's pretty much Woods or EA.

I have the Woods BSM84, 1/2" steel side plates, slightly heavier than the EA, it was cheaper, and it was in stock too. I use it on a 62hp tractor and no regrets.

I had a bad experience with EA so I have a hard time recommending them even though some of the stuff they make is really nice and/or unique to the market.

/ HD box blade? #16  
I have a Woods BMS72 that I have used for years and am very happy with it. I agree that heavier is better. But with that said, for normal usage having an adjustable top and side links are probably a better place to spend your money than overkilling on weight.

/ HD box blade? #17  
I bought a used older Land Pride w/retractable rippers (manual). I converted it to hydraulic. I'm guessing it's weight at 950lbs. I use a hyd top link and hyd side link. What a combination. Great weight. Tough as a boot. I'll never wear it out or break it. I've stopped my 95hp 10K lb tractor dead in it's tracks with the rippers down. I paid $1,000 for it. Best implement bargain I've purchased.

View attachment 776521
about what i paid new for mine yrs back. didn't realize the hyd convert was possible, good move. yeah, guessed the wt @ 900+. i like my 7' width rather than having blade extending over the rears with an 8' that would invariably snag a post, tree or rock. more maneuverable too, definitely a keeper
imho hyd top link is only way to go for soil engagement

in re: to OP, i feel an 8' blade would be too much drag on a 50hp tractor, not enough tractor weight. loading rears might help, regards

Last edited:
   / HD box blade? #18  
Frontier makes a good box blade that your not going to tear up with your tractor.

/ HD box blade? #19  
Make it a WICKED Box Blade!

At Everything Attachments, we take everything intended for our customer's tractors seriously, and our experience with box blades goes wayy back in time. You see, prior to ever making, or even thinking about making an EA box blade, Ted used many other box blades, spanning from his childhood up through his adult years, in which he used, tore up, fixed, and sold about every brand in existence. Knowing how to use an attachment, and knowing how the attachment should perform under a large variety of circumstances is very important when designing the best attachment. Besides knowing how the overall design should be laid out, knowing the best materials and structural features, along with what material to use where, is very crucial. Because of all his experience, Ted has created a very impressive lineup of box blades, so we can recommend the BEST box blade for small, subcompact tractors, up to 150+ horsepower machines.
Proudly Made in the USA!

collage.JPG

/ HD box blade? #20  
Prices are good on the EA box blades. What are you planning to do with it that you need such a HD blade? Commercial work?