Hearing Aids?

/ Hearing Aids? #51  
Following this thread with some degree of interest. Why? Because it is coming, that's why.

/ Hearing Aids? #52  
Following this thread with some degree of interest. Why? Because it is coming, that's why.
"Time is the fire in which we burn."

Delmore Schwartz (December 8 1913 – July 11 1966)

/ Hearing Aids? #53  
Under Canadian medical insurance I was able to have my hearing loss analyzed at the hospital at no cost to me.*
They confirmed my losses via tests in a special sound booth.
The audiologist was very fair and honest.
She stated that had I gone to a commercial outlet they'd have sold me a costly device that I'd never use.
Instead she made suggestions that I still enjoy years later.
One of which was wireless headset for TV, she even googled some suggestions for me.
That was 6 years ago and as long as I avoid noisy bars (no problem there) and the like I'm good.
OK, COVID and masks makes communication more difficult as does watching TV with varied British accents.
You sure soon learn how much lip reading is part of hearing.

*and Americans refused ***** care?

/ Hearing Aids? #54  
I too will have a hard time paying ~$5k for something so small. Most tractor guys value weight and size. How could something that weighs as much as a bite from a donut cost that much? Only $50 would be more like it...right? I too am hearing the constant ringing and miss some words other's speak. I'm sure many people would pay a much higher price just to have their hearing fixed for good. We are worried that these little electronic gadgets will only last a short time and we will be out all that money.

/ Hearing Aids?
We are worried that these little electronic gadgets will only last a short time and we will be out all that money.
Keep in mind, with both doctors office and Costco where I checked, the hearing aids have a bumper to bumper warranty for 3 years with nothing out of pocket. Then you also have various "accidental deaths" (I call em) where if lost or destroyed, minimum out of pocket expence.

It's after 5 years of ownership (it seems) that you could be SOL depending on the technology and what the manufacturer is doing per it's product line.

/ Hearing Aids?
If I didn't mention it, even when I was in my early 20's and cruising with a bunch of good friends, if I was in the back seat, even then some buddies got tired of me asking them to repeat themselves if they didn't speak louder and I couldn't see their moving. I'm WAY past my time, and I at least owe it to my wife to stop driving her up the wall.

/ Hearing Aids? #57  
Same here. Mainly now I just have trouble with anyone that talks softly.

/ Hearing Aids? #58  
I have a certain degree of hearing loss in the mid range. BUT - I can still hear a lot more than I like. Why would I ever want to enhance stuff I don't even like to hear.

/ Hearing Aids? #59  
^^^ Last night the local fireworks started at 12:22 AM and went to 2 AM. It would have been nice to not hear that :ROFLMAO:

/ Hearing Aids?
^^^ Last night the local fireworks started at 12:22 AM and went to 2 AM. It would have been nice to not hear that :ROFLMAO:
Every once in a while, the younger neighbors like to thow some late night party's with bonfires that can run after midnight with some loud outdoor speakers. There I'm lucky as I can't hear a thing, but it can keep my wife up.