heavy ramps are too heavy

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #21  
Very nice trailer.

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #22  
pc rocks  trl 010.jpgpc rocks  trl 011.jpgpc rocks  trl 012.jpgHere is some pics, sorry it was early AM.pc rocks  trl 009.jpg

/ heavy ramps are too heavy
Well fellas, I bought a standard 18' dovetail tandem. It has 6000lb axles, D rings all the way around, 8 ply tires, 10 ton jack, fold up heavy ramps with stands. It has brakes on both axles. It's a 1996 model but it has sat inside the previous owners trophy garage since the day he bought it. Before listing it he put the new 8ply tires on it, so no dry rot to worry about there. Brakes are good as well. No long term storage issues and it's better than new.

18' with the FEL and bush hog attached will leave me some overhang, but it's worth it for the ease of use with this new trailer.

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #24  
Very nice trailer.
Thanks, the flip over ramps are heavier now than when I was younger, :D so I am looking for a tilt deckover.

The red paint has faded a little in 7 years, but it is the best all purpose trailer that I have ever had.
P7280004.JPG P7280006.JPG

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #25  
Well fellas, I bought a standard 18' dovetail tandem. It has 6000lb axles, D rings all the way around, 8 ply tires, 10 ton jack, fold up heavy ramps with stands. It has brakes on both axles. It's a 1996 model but it has sat inside the previous owners trophy garage since the day he bought it. Before listing it he put the new 8ply tires on it, so no dry rot to worry about there. Brakes are good as well. No long term storage issues and it's better than new.

18' with the FEL and bush hog attached will leave me some overhang, but it's worth it for the ease of use with this new trailer.
Sounds good! We need pictures! :D

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #26  

A 12K trailer will exceed the D tires. It should have had E's. Your now have a 10K trailer until you upgrade.

Chris

Last edited:
   / heavy ramps are too heavy #27  
Dpilot, you are most likely correct, but I have seen some tires that are load range D with a 3000lb rating

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...idewall=Blackwall&partnum=38R6MARV2&tab=Specs

I personally dont like the B, C, D, E, ratings. Nor do I like "ply" ratings. I like to know what the tire is actually rated for # wise.

There can be a big spread withing the D or E rating. Depending on tire size and other things.

Most people dont run enough air pressure either. The Max ratings are only good at the listed air pressure. A load range D tire inflated to 50 PSI isnt much better than a C range tire

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #30  
Dpilot, you are most likely correct, but I have seen some tires that are load range D with a 3000lb rating

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Marathon+Radial&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=38R6MARV2&tab=Specs

I personally dont like the B, C, D, E, ratings. Nor do I like "ply" ratings. I like to know what the tire is actually rated for # wise.

There can be a big spread withing the D or E rating. Depending on tire size and other things.

Most people dont run enough air pressure either. The Max ratings are only good at the listed air pressure. A load range D tire inflated to 50 PSI isnt much better than a C range tire

It should say on the tire what the rating is. 2,540# for singles if I remember correctly and 12% less for duals. It should be on the side wall.

Chris