Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm.

/ Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm.
So I reseated those hose connection. Now it picks up the blower at 1500 rpm’s instead of 2200. Would that be almost normal. Or the new normal for an aging tractor.

Could anybody tell me if this is about normal for their tractor?

/ Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm. #22  
It all depends on the tractor, and the amount of load being lifted.

I have seen brand new equipment that will not lift maximum capacity, at an idle,,
there is clearance in the hydraulic pump,

If the engine speed is too slow, the pump simply can not create enough flow at low speed to compensate for the gap between the gears in the pump, and the housing.
No, or little flow at an idle, no pressure will be built.

1,500 RPM is pretty close to an idle in a diesel, as far as the pump is concerned,,

/ Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm. #24  
I fired mine up and at the lowest idle the 3 pt works just fine at 700 RPM. Both FEL and 7' finish mower.
Your tractor 3 point is rated to lift over 2,500 pounds
a 7 foot Agri-Supply finish mower weighs 628 pounds,, 1/4 of the rating.

Go stack 1,900 more pounds on the finish mower, and try the test,, again,,
The tractor may lift it,, I would like to know,,

/ Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm. #25  
Your tractor 3 point is rated to lift over 2,500 pounds
a 7 foot Agri-Supply finish mower weighs 628 pounds,, 1/4 of the rating.

Go stack 1,900 more pounds on the finish mower, and try the test,, again,,
The tractor may lift it,, I would like to know,,
I didn't think the OP was concerned about a maximum load at idle? I'll throw 20 bags of concrete on the Land Pride deck to really test it tomorroe, okay. The front of the tractor woud probably come off the ground.

/ Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm. #26  
If I read the specs correctly, you both have similar lift capacity,,
but, his snow blower looks like it has as much steel as the body of a '69 Chevy impala!!

/ Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm.
If I read the specs correctly, you both have similar lift capacity,,
but, his snow blower looks like it has as much steel as the body of a '69 Chevy impala!!

I think it was around 600 pounds