Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm.

/ Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm. #1  

Green Acres Homestead

Veteran Member
NewBrunswick & Nova Scotia www.lostcaper.com
Tractor
Kubota L4740 sold now have a new L2502 as off Jan 2023
My 3 point hitch is not working right. I have to reve the tractor up to about 2200 rpm to get the 3pt hitch to raise. There is only one pump and the rest of the tractor is working properly. The fluid is topped up and doesn't appear to be leaking. I think it might the seal in the hydro cylinders. what is in involved in fixing that. My tractor is a Kubota l4740.

/ Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm. #2  
All the other functions work right? Loader, remotes, steering, etc

/ Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm. #3  
Have you checked any knobs or controls for 3pt hitch raise/lower speed or draft controls?

/ Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm.
The three point hitch was not used because I had the backhoe on for 6 months. The raise lever must of got bumped because it was at 2 instead of 0 and may have been in that position for a bit. I wonder would that have caused constant strain on the lift arms cylinders (there are 2 of them) causing a failure. Also I might be the value that can be adjusted to fast or slow. Could any of these cause the problem.

/ Help me....3 point hitch won't raise up unless tractor is at 2200 rpm. #5  
The three point hitch was not used because I had the backhoe on for 6 months. The raise lever must of got bumped because it was at 2 instead of 0 and may have been in that position for a bit. I wonder would that have caused constant strain on the lift arms cylinders (there are 2 of them) causing a failure. Also I might be the value that can be adjusted to fast or slow. Could any of these cause the problem.
But you have not anwered:

Have you checked any knobs or controls for 3pt hitch raise/lower speed or draft controls?
A very common problem is the 3pt hitch speed control
linky

a co

I have turned the raise and lower speed knob. When turned down it doesn't seem to what to raise at all. I have it set to the fastest. The fastest is still takes about 15 seconds at 2200 rpm to raise up. I have no draft controls.

Yep. Everything else is working as it should. There is also let down happening just at the 3point hitch.