Help me buy my Massey GC2410

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410
The stork flew by yesterday and left me with a beautiful bouncing baby tractor!:D

The dealer had the tractor and the rake in stock. The mmm and the blower are due to arrive in December. Lately I've had no free time, but I was able to spend almost two hours on the machine. I am floored by what this machine is capable of. The BH is an amazing piece of equipment. A hour plus replanting job is done in 15min (it only took that long because I have no clue how to operate the thing). I'm at the bottom of a long learning curve, but even after 20 minutes with the hoe I was becoming a little more proficient. Lots of fun.

The R1's work great and don't leave a mark. The right choice for sure!

The dealer, Big Boys Toys, did a great job prepping the machine. They are wonderful to deal with. A great family that knows what they sell and how things should be set up. They did such a nice job installing the thumb and hooks on the buckets it looks like they came factory. I can't recommend Big Boys enough!

Next additions are lights, dollies, and possibly a PTO generator.

Does Massey offer a tool box for this GC? It would be nice to have a place to carry a spare pin, a hammer and a couple wrenches. Anyone here made their own?

Thanks for all the help guys and enjoy the pics. I'll enjoy the tractor :cool:

Attachments

• L front.jpg
    L front.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 614
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 393
  • hook.jpg
    hook.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 312
  • bucket bottom.jpg
    bucket bottom.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 315
  • hoe hook.jpg
    hoe hook.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 295
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 343
  • rake.jpg
    rake.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 240
   / Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #42  
Very nice looking machine there. It looks so *clean*. :rolleyes: I also like the looks of the black hydraulic cylinders.

You'll get the hang of the BH after a few *projects*. I still run the BH between 1,600 - 2,000 RPM just because it is smoother and quieter at the lower RPM - and there is plenty of power.

If you don't already have some, you may want to pick up some red & black touch-up paint. :rolleyes:

Congratulations!

Jay

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #43  
Yes, congratulations! You'll wonder why you waited so long.... Nice dasboard- a HUGE improvement over the 2310!:D

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #44  
The R1's work great and don't leave a mark. The right choice for sure!

Nice tires but I think they are R4's. Should work great if you need to cross lawns. Have them filled if you need more traction.

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #45  
Nice machine. I wish I had a backhoe every week.

Chris

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #47  
Congrats on the new toy, err tool! :D It looks so shiny, crisp, and new in those pictures.

Nice tires but I think they are R4's. Should work great if you need to cross lawns. Have them filled if you need more traction.

Nope, those are the R1's MF uses. ;)

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #48  
Nope, those are the R1's MF uses. ;)

I'm surprised. They look just like R4s with squared off cleats and pretty shallow and wide too. I guess I can (on third look) see that the cleats are angled to shed mud rather than going across the tread like a proper R4. Still, they seem wide and square for R1s. What do MF R4s look like?

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #49  
Still, they seem wide and square for R1s. What do MF R4s look like?

It's just not MF, either. It seems all R1s for SCUTs are wider than R1s on bigger tractors. I've always liked the look and they don't look like they would scuff up a yard like the slimmer R1s on bigger machines.

Here's a GC2610 with R4s. They look more like the R4s found on larger machines.

/ Help me buy my Massey GC2410 #50  
It's just not MF, either. It seems all R1s for SCUTs are wider than R1s on bigger tractors. I've always liked the look and they don't look like they would scuff up a yard like the slimmer R1s on bigger machines.

Here's a GC2610 with R4s. They look more like the R4s found on larger machines.

Interesting. Not nearly as much difference between the R1 and R4 types with larger tires. I wonder what the functional difference is as the tread design is so similar and the R1 tread really isn't much deeper at all.