Help pick options for CT2540

/ Help pick options for CT2540
I am also strongly considering the cruise control and 2 extra remotes. Don't think I will get a top and tilt right now but nice to have the option down the road

Industrial tires best option? Will be drying on dry sandy fields, some slopes and yard grass

Is the front loader quick attach universal (skid steer type? ) or specific to certain bobcat attachments?

Last edited:
   / Help pick options for CT2540 #12  
Just my 2 cents here.

Forget about any of the bobcat implements-attachments. All the 3pt attachments are on the lower end for being used with anything more than light duty use IMO.

The loader attachments are good, for skid steers that have ample lift capacity, as in they are on the heavy side for your tractor IMO.

For sure get the 2 rear remotes, spring return to center for both of them. Better to get them now and not need them right away vs needing them and then have to get them. Same goes for the cruise control.

Yes the loader quick attach is universal, not Bobcat specific.

Get the tires that are intended for the majority of your use. You do not want AG tires if you are only out in the fields 10-15% of the time.
There is a reason that industrial tires are the most popular with utility type tractors, They cover the widest range of use.

Again, just my 2 cents, others will most definitely vary.

/ Help pick options for CT2540 #13  
Not sure if it varies by dealer, but I was told that the R-1 tire was the only one they had access to right now due to supply chain issues. Those came on every tractor on the lot.

If you wanted something different my dealer was quoting 4-5 months wait and they were basically giving a coupon for a percentage off.

/ Help pick options for CT2540 #14  
I've heard conflicting reports on the R1 vs R4. When I priced a Kioti they said that R4 wasn't available and they would provide R14 tires. The bobcat dealer said R4 was standard and my tractor would be supplied with those.

/ Help pick options for CT2540 #15  
My CT2025 is at the dealer and waiting for me to get home from sea for delivery. It has R4 tires. R14 aren't available through Bobcat, though individual dealers may provide options I suppose.

/ Help pick options for CT2540 #16  
For sure get the 2 rear remotes, spring return to center for both of them. Better to get them now and not need them right away vs needing them and then have to get them.

Curious why you suggest the spring return over the detent with spring return. Is it just to avoid having the detent accidentally get stuck wide open? Trying to order my accessories right now and doing some research on Bobcat's offerings.

/ Help pick options for CT2540 #17  
Curious why you suggest the spring return over the detent with spring return. Is it just to avoid having the detent accidentally get stuck wide open? Trying to order my accessories right now and doing some research on Bobcat's offerings.
I'm new at this and haven't used my tractor yet so I won't even try to comment on the best valve options. The only thing I will add is that if you are planning on a backhoe at least one of them needs to be the spring return with detent because Bobcat uses the remotes to power the backhoe rather than a dedicated power beyond hydraulic loop.

/ Help pick options for CT2540 #18  
I'm new at this and haven't used my tractor yet so I won't even try to comment on the best valve options. The only thing I will add is that if you are planning on a backhoe at least one of them needs to be the spring return with detent because Bobcat uses the remotes to power the backhoe rather than a dedicated power beyond hydraulic loop.
Are you back yet from being at sea?

/ Help pick options for CT2540 #19  
I was unaware that the valve was spring return to center with a detent. If that is the case, then that would be preferred. Most detent valves that I have read about on the smaller utility tractors were manual for all positions, there was no spring return to center. It had to be manually set.