Help with roundup mixing.

/ Help with roundup mixing.
There isn’t a lot where I spray to worry about overspray.

The areas I spray I would either be killing a little bit of lawn or killing weeds near the poison ivy.

/ Help with roundup mixing. #46  
I spray generic roundup on all my fence lines. Mix it 2oz per gallon in a 30 gallon sprayer and always have good results. Grass/ weeds begin to yellow in about 3 days.

I use triclopyr 4 (same as remedy) on my pastures for woody plants that come up, such as briars, etc,.

I made up a batch earlier today. Ponytug said 1.7 lbs of ammonia sulfate per gallon. I did quite a bit of research and all I could come up with 17 pounds per 100 gallon, which would equal 0.17 pounds per gallon. The roundup was mixed at 3 ounces per gallon and I dumped a couple tablespoons of a surfactant in also. I’ll find out in a couple of days how it works out.

/ Help with roundup mixing. #48  
I made up a batch earlier today. Ponytug said 1.7 lbs of ammonia sulfate per gallon. I did quite a bit of research and all I could come up with 17 pounds per 100 gallon, which would equal 0.17 pounds per gallon. The roundup was mixed at 3 ounces per gallon and I dumped a couple tablespoons of a surfactant in also. I’ll find out in a couple of days how it works out.
Oops! I clearly can't do math. Yes, 17lbs/100 gallons is 0.17, not 1.7! My apologies.

All the best,

Peter

/ Help with roundup mixing. #49  
I mix mine with about a couple ounces of liquid detergent before I spray. I have always heard that it is best to spray when it is hot and dry and the plants are really thirsty so that they absorb it quickly. This works for me as I sprayed Monday and today, Wednesday, the weeds are turning yellow already.

/ Help with roundup mixing. #50  
The surfactant is already in the solution. I use Roundup Max myself. It takes a little time to act unlike 24-D which is almost instant but stinks and you cannot purchase it (depending on where you live) without an applicators license. 24-D is more of a selective herbicide whereas Roundup is not selective, kills everything. I use 24-D on invasive milkweed in non alfalfa fields and 24-D (B) Buteryac on fields with alfalfa.
And a key difference is that roundup is foliage active (must be spayed on green foliage) and it doesn’t go into the soil, so it’s safe to use under trees and other desirable vegetation. It will kill most vegetation, but only if sprayed on green actively growing vegetation. 2-4-D will kill broadleaf plants but not grasses. But it is soil active, so it’s not safe to use in the rooting zones of trees or any non target vegetation.