Help with roundup mixing.

/ Help with roundup mixing. #101  
For about 10K$ you could add GPS auto steer! Seriously, lot of guesswork involved in spraying, broadcast spreading etc. My spray pattern is about 5 or 6 feet width so having a foam drop only under the center of the tractor would be a big help.

/ Help with roundup mixing. #102  
Several years ago I tried the blue dye in my 55 gallon spray machine. IIRC is was a bit expensive too. But I couldn't see much difference than following my tire track method.................and the darn stuff plugged up the spray nozzles.

Chees,
Mike

/ Help with roundup mixing. #103  
Several years ago I tried the blue dye in my 55 gallon spray machine. IIRC is was a bit expensive too. But I couldn't see much difference than following my tire track method.................and the darn stuff plugged up the spray nozzles.
I also bought/tried that blue dye crap. Couldn't see it AT ALL.

/ Help with roundup mixing. #104  
I used it spot spraying my limestone driveway. I had blue spots on the white rocks for a few days until it rained and washed off.

It the lawn, it disappeared from my view in just a few minutes. Almost worthless in green grass.

/ Help with roundup mixing. #105  
So what is a good available substitute for Ortho Triox?

I maintain a commercial parking lot in industrial zone and one Triox in the cracks and crevices and good...

Now it is every 4 to 6 weeks roundup and string trimmer...
According to this website, Triox is Glyphosate (5%) and Imazapyr (.08%). Some of Ortho's "Groundclear" brand is the same thing.

You cannot buy it in California and about 6 other states. Next time to go to Vegas or Reno, maybe stock up?

/ Help with roundup mixing. #106  
According to this website, Triox is Glyphosate (5%) and Imazapyr (.08%). Some of Ortho's "Groundclear" brand is the same thing.

You cannot buy it in California and about 6 other states. Next time to go to Vegas or Reno, maybe stock up?

I tried Ground Clear and not even close for the parking lot and cyclone fence line…

Looks like RM43 is similar to Triox.

For poison oak and brush I’m still working on what’s left of 2.5 gallons of Turf Lawn…

Just looked at prices and about triple what I paid years ago and of course restricted.

We never used any type of herbicide until the aftermath of the 1991 0akland Hills Fire Storm which resulted in standard being the same as city lots for vegetation control…

Goats do a great job but not difficult for once a year and the rental herds booked years in advance with government contracts.

Last edited:
   / Help with roundup mixing. #107  
I tried Ground Clear and not even close for the parking lot and cyclone fence line…

Looks like RM43 is similar to Triox.

For poison oak and brush I’m still working on what’s left of 2.5 gallons of Turf Lawn…

Just looked at prices and about triple what I paid years ago and of course restricted.

We never used any type of herbicide until the aftermath of the 1991 0akland Hills Fire Storm which resulted in average being the same as city lots for vegetation control…

Goats do a great job but not fit once a year and the rental herds booked years in advance with government contracts.
From what I can tell, there are different formulas, all with the name Groundclear. You have to find the one that matches the Triox. Can you get RM3 in Cali?

/ Help with roundup mixing. #108  
I think so with the applicator training for the farm…

/ Help with roundup mixing.
This pic is the area I sprayed about 2 1/2 weeks ago. This is Mares Tail that it did wipe out, it just took a while. You can already see some crab grass starting to grow. This is a second driveway of mine, our main one is paved, so I don’t need to keep this clean, I just don’t want it overgrown.
854428B0-9353-4A8D-AE57-22836FF7683C.jpeg

/ Help with roundup mixing. #110  
41% glyphosate on the 5th day after application. Second pic shows when applied with blue dye but I couldn't really see this difference when spraying the green grass.

K31 fescue with about 45 oz/8000sqft of 41% applied with 15 gallons water. (three ounces of 41%/gallon water)
(about 7 1/2 quarts of 41% per acre at this rate) This sounds really strong but then the label calls for 2 ounces of 41%/gallon water/300 sqft. That would be about nine quarts of 41%/acre along with 45 gallons water.

Above rates are several times that recommended in the article below:

Attachments

• ROUNDUP-4.jpg
    ROUNDUP-4.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 51
  • ROUNDUP-1.jpg
    ROUNDUP-1.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 44