help with what radiator i need?

/ help with what radiator i need? #1  

beachbumtroy

Tractor
huskee 54" rider
ok NEW PROBLEM i believe i have a 1948 cub ENGINE SER.# FCUBM 43465 TRACTOR SER.# FCUB 43292 c-60 motor....so steiner is the one that told me what year and model thru those numbers...everybody saz i need a 351878R91 or 351878R92 or 351878R93 radiator to fit my tractor and they also say those radiator numbers will fit ALL CUBS between 1947 thru the 70`s most of the new rads say they are 17 1/2 inches tall, well if thats to the top of tank then that matches mine, but they ALL say 14 1/2 inches wide """"this is where we run into a kanumdrum"""" my radiator is ONLY 12 1/4 inches wide and the brackets that hold the rad are ONLY 12 3/4 inches wide outside to outside, and by he way the bracket width is the same on the top and bottom meaning they are pretty square, so im including pictures so u can see the measurements, and i would say that this means the 3 part numbers above ARE NOT the part numbers i need and can u please help me find out the right radiator for mine preferably an aluminum one? thnx in advance for any and all help again guys.

Attachments

• 1948 cub.jpg
    1948 cub.jpg
    805 KB · Views: 91
  • new pix1.jpg
    new pix1.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 86
  • new pix2.jpg
    new pix2.jpg
    1,003.2 KB · Views: 94
  • new pix3.jpg
    new pix3.jpg
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 87
  • new pix4.jpg
    new pix4.jpg
    797.4 KB · Views: 86
  • new pix5.jpg
    new pix5.jpg
    954.7 KB · Views: 91
  • new pix6.jpg
    new pix6.jpg
    981.2 KB · Views: 89
  • new pix7.jpg
    new pix7.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 88
   / help with what radiator i need? #2  
I had to get a new radiator for my B a couple months back. I took it to the local radiator shop to have it repaired. Turns out it was too far gone to repair, but the radiator shop got me an exact copy the next day! It was all brass and copper (just like the original) and was cheaper than the Steiner one. So if I were you, I would take it to a radiator shop and let them source a replacement.

/ help with what radiator i need?
thnx but i already ordered new one and its aluminum so im hoping it helps it run cooler i`ll let u kno..............and i found out what i was doing wrong as far as measurements
i was measuring the radiator itself not the flange oh well u live and learn right? thnx for the suggestions thou

/ help with what radiator i need? #4  
Have the block boiled out and also the steering housing! Mud builds up in cubs and THAT is the cause of overheating 99% of the time and not the rad.! 2 of my 6 had the same problem and the only cure was to take out and boil! ---- problem solved!

/ help with what radiator i need?
yea lol i found that out heres a pic or 2 of mine :) and by the way is there a bolt pattern sequence, and the torque for radiator bolts is 20 right? thnx bb

Attachments

• rad1.jpg
    rad1.jpg
    761.2 KB · Views: 92
  • rad2.jpg
    rad2.jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 91