Here is a Bargain

/ Here is a Bargain #21  
Stalker Gal - Some people don't know when to give up.

Years ago I was selling a '69 Plymouth Fury III convertible. I already had two people racing each other to the bank to pay what I was asking for it, (not much) when the third person who had looked at it previously with her "mechanic" started to lowball me on the price, claiming everything that her mechanic had found and explaining in a very condescenting manner why I was ethically bound to acceed to her wishes. I finally had to get rude in orer to shut her down. I wondered if her tactic had ever worked elsewhere.

And... back on topic. Cracked blocks can be welded. Depending on what else is broken it may be worth repairing.
I'll bet it felt good to tell her "it's sold"...
Had similar situation selling my MF1250... lots of "low ballers", "maybe I'll come look next weekend", "no shows", and finally one guy that drove 3 hours each way with a trailer and cash after I promised to hold it until he got there.

All this in less than a week. Guess who took it home?

/ Here is a Bargain #22  
   / Here is a Bargain #23  
I just thought I would share this

He would have done better leaving it assembled and selling it "as is" needing a new 3179/3029 engine rather than disassembling it and leaving it outside in pieces. Scrap price is going to be roughly $500 or so, he'll probably get between $500 and $1000, tops for it.

/ Here is a Bargain
On the topic of buying and selling, I recently responded to an add that listed the equipment for a price with OBO in the description. The guy took offence when i offered him less than what he listed, his idea of OBO was if someone offered him more for it he would take it in a bidding war scenario.

that is not my understanding of obo, but come to think of it i had a similar experience where a guy selling a car got rude with me when i offered him less than the listed price when the add said OBO. maybe it is just me but i always understood that "Or Best Offer" meant that the listed price was a target but they were open to offers.

/ Here is a Bargain #25  
Just saw a JD like that with loader and all for 3700 and ready to use. If I buy a project, I'm buying it right, or they can keep their project. I've got 15 acres packed with projects as it is.

/ Here is a Bargain #26  
On the topic of buying and selling, I recently responded to an add that listed the equipment for a price with OBO in the description. The guy took offence when i offered him less than what he listed, his idea of OBO was if someone offered him more for it he would take it in a bidding war scenario.

that is not my understanding of obo, but come to think of it i had a similar experience where a guy selling a car got rude with me when i offered him less than the listed price when the add said OBO. maybe it is just me but i always understood that "Or Best Offer" meant that the listed price was a target but they were open to offers.
Some people must think OBO means old body odor or something.

/ Here is a Bargain #27  
I‘ve always been tempted to call when I see OBO and say “I don’t have an oboe but I have some other woodwinds, would a bassoon or clarinet do?”