Here's why you grease your loader faithfully.

/ Here's why you grease your loader faithfully. #11  
The owner greased every 10 hours like he should.........
I grease my loader every ten hours. Sometimes the timer goes off in the middle of the night, but I dutifully get up and grease it anyway. I go through a lot of grease.

/ Here's why you grease your loader faithfully. #12  
Take the pin out, replace it and clean everything around it. I bought a new-to-me tractor recently and took every pin out and cleaned it. Now I know what I've got.

Post what you find

Backhoe is about 800 miles away... it will be awhile until my next visit.

I really should sell it but it's just too handy to have around once you are use to having one.

/ Here's why you grease your loader faithfully. #13  
I grease my loader every ten hours. Sometimes the timer goes off in the middle of the night, but I dutifully get up and grease it anyway. I go through a lot of grease.

Check out that Persid meteor shower while you're out there tonight.:laughing:

/ Here's why you grease your loader faithfully. #14  
Check out that Persid meteor shower while you're out there tonight.:laughing:

If the shower is a good one with lots of meteor's you can make some nice long distance contacts on VHF and UHF frequenciesby bouncing your radio signals off of the ionized trails they leave in the ionosphere. (fun filled useless factoid:) )

/ Here's why you grease your loader faithfully. #16  
When I picked up my IH 244 about 18 months ago about 2/3 of the zerts on the KMW 95 loader were broken or wouldn't take grease. But, about half on the tractor were the same way. The previous owner restored cars, so I don't get it. Why not take care of your stuff? A 5 foot Howse disk I picked up locally appeared to have never had any grease applied to the gang bearings. Luckily it hadn't been used much. My Dad taught me to take care of my equipment. Even though he was farming for a living in Eastern Iowa, and I am only gardening and putting in food plots in South Alabama.

Bill

/ Here's why you grease your loader faithfully. #17  
One of these helps keep things greased.

51aYKyThkNL.jpg

Between the loader and the backhoe it's getting well used.

/ Here's why you grease your loader faithfully.
You sure that pin doesn't have some type if design flaw?

It's a simple loader pin like all the others on the loader. None of the other pins had any wear on them. The worn one had a plugged grease fitting and was dry of grease so I'm pretty confident that's the issue.

I have seen bad pins before but not in a long time.

Last edited:
   / Here's why you grease your loader faithfully. #19  
   / Here's why you grease your loader faithfully. #20