Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question...

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #51  
If you like it, go ahead and by a couple more because you will be lucky to get 2 years out of it. They don't make coffee makers, or anything else for that matter, like they did 35yrs. ago.

What do you expect for $20? That one is pretty much the low end model.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #52  
We've never been coffee snobs/ connesurier's but we enjoy our coffee immensely. Kirkland Colombian Dark Roast fine grind coffee made in a Mr Coffee. Immediately after brewing, it goes in to the Stanley Thermos. Stays piping hot with no additional electrical expense (or bitterness from reheating).

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #53  
We only make three kinds of coffee here:
1. Coffee maker drip. Convenient, but not great coffee.
2. Cold extract concentrate and water. Jolt coffee. Huge caffeine.
3. Cowboy coffee. We only make it when the power goes out. Is that why it tastes the best? My 100 year old hand crank coffee mill makes coarse (percolator) grind, which works fine in the cowboy coffee pot.

I have a friend who uses a French press. It makes good coffee, but is a PITA to clean up.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #54  
A couple of thoughts;
When was the last time you cleaned the brewer by running coffeecleaner or vinegar through it? You may need to do it more than once if your water has minerals, softened or not. Ditto, running everything else through the dishwasher.
Have you tried using bottle water to see if it is your water? (We use RO water.)
Have you looked for blonde (light) roast coffee to see if that is what you like?

A clean, maintained Mr. Coffee should turn out great coffee, if it gets good coffee and water. I think that ours does.

All the best,

Peter
The first home my wife and I bought had a deep well that gave sweet water. It made the most fabulous coffee in the world. Selling the place was not a problem, but I wish I could have taken the well with me. I never had it tested, but we had no problem with calcium or scale.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #55  
If you like it, go ahead and by a couple more because you will be lucky to get 2 years out of it. They don't make coffee makers, or anything else for that matter, like they did 35yrs. ago.

For my 1 or 2 cups a year, I’ll wait for it to fail.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #56  
If anyone is looking for a ‘bargain’ on one of these. Maybe this is it.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #57  
I have a plain jane drip coffee maker that shaits its pants with the filter and makes grounds into the pot, but besides that I enjoy my Hawaiian made coffee from Kauai plantation.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #58  
A fully automatic espresso machine like the Jura S-9 OP has a built in grinder. They include a way to bypass it though if you want something other than the beans that are in the hopper.

My wife is the coffee freak in our house so I asked her. She says the Jura is a good machine but needs to be disassembled and cleaned periodically. Usually people have them serviced but it sounds like the OP DIY'd it, which I applaud. If it's been used a lot since then it might be time to do it again.

We have an inexpensive semi-auto machine which I have modified with a PID to better control boiler temp. My wife makes espresso with it. I use a moka pot on the stove. The coffee from it is not as strong as real espresso but it's stronger than other methods and makes a full cup.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #59  
A fully automatic espresso machine like the Jura S-9 OP has a built in grinder. They include a way to bypass it though if you want something other than the beans that are in the hopper.

My wife is the coffee freak in our house so I asked her. She says the Jura is a good machine but needs to be disassembled and cleaned periodically. Usually people have them serviced but it sounds like the OP DIY'd it, which I applaud. If it's been used a lot since then it might be time to do it again.

We have an inexpensive semi-auto machine which I have modified with a PID to better control boiler temp. My wife makes espresso with it. I use a moka pot on the stove. The coffee from it is not as strong as real espresso but it's stronger than other methods and makes a full cup.
Yeah these are nice machines to have. I wouldn't call myself a coffee snob, but getting used to good coffee keeps you from just grabbing a cup from just anyone. Do you find that too? Man, some of this black liquid they call coffee....

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #60  
I was in the store recently and they had Dunkin Donuts ground coffee bags at half price. Having never been to a DD before I didn't know what to expect. Horrible coffee, worse than what you get in a Dennys. Put it in the compost.