Highest hour bx

/ Highest hour bx #31  
I bought my BX24 in Jan 2013. It had 45 hours on it. Now it has 145. I love it. I am doing road maintenance, landscaping, and wood lot management on our very steep 20 acres overlooking the Columbia River. What a great tool.

Just for point of reference: my wife bought a new Honda CRV in 2000. It has 500,000 miles on it now. My number 2 son is driving it in Seattle now. It's never had any engine work and still has the original clutch even though three teenagers learned to drive in it.

That's 10,000 hours at 50 mph. I wonder if Kubota can do that we'll?

/ Highest hour bx #32  
10 years and only about 650 or so on mine. Still starts up in single digit temps w/o being plugged in. These engines are used in all sorts of other applications (refers, gen sets, pumps, etc.) and go for thousands of hours. Mine's just getting broken in...

/ Highest hour bx #33  
Deano,

I am amazed by these guys that spend $20K buying a brand new set of equipment and then only use it 50-100 hrs/yr. I wish I had that kind of money to burn. They would be better of economically just renting something when they need it and not have to worry about the maintenance. Mine is not used commercially either, just here on my 21 AC forest farm. Hardly a day goes by that mine doesn't get started except in the winter when our rains get pretty steady.

Ron
This is about hours on tractors not why a person chooses to buy vs rent equipment. I guess you missed that?

/ Highest hour bx #34  
T Seabee, I happen to be one of those guys you speak of. My 4 year old L3400 has only 88 hours on the clock. The key is that I don't 'have' to work my tractor all day, every day. And I treat it like an expensive tool.

I just gave away my 1960 Fordson Dexta that did have to work 10+ hours/day for 50-something years. And yes, the work took it's toll on her, but she was a good ole girl. She provided for a family for lots of years. She's now being completely restored to like-new condition by the new owner.

Upon retiring I wanted a new tractor. Not because I 'had' to have one, but because I 'wanted' one. Yeah - that's a nice feeling when you can do something for yourself that's not basic to life. On the other hand, maintaining my tractor and all other equipment that I own isn't 'work' to me. I enjoy such as that. I suppose that's one reason my 12 year old Husqvarna mower with >2500 hours on it still looks and runs like new?

I just gave my '99 Harley to my son. And it is/was in better-than-new condition. And in 14 years I put only 70K miles on it - unlike my previous '94 HD that I rung up >100K miles. Did I baby my stuff? Heck yeah - and enjoyed every minute of it.

Heck Seabee - can you believe that I've even WAXED my tractor once? Some of us are just strange people :)
OMG "another" tractor waxer...😁

/ Highest hour bx #37  
I bought my BX2230 in October 2019 with ~1400 hours on it. Since then I've but on about 150 hours. That's not a lot, but I mainly use it for mowing and some snow removal in the winter. I also use it a lot for yard maintenance and picking up heavy things in the shop.
It's by far the handiest tool I own, I'd be lost without it.

/ Highest hour bx #38  
Bought my BX2230 in October 2015 with 711 hours on it. Now has over 2217 hours. Built a house since buying the BX, and a B26TLB and both have been used a lot around here. B26 I think has over 1500 hours. It was bought in Feb 2018. Backfilling foundations, mowing, snow blowing, hauling wood.

And yes Henro, I realize it is an old thread resurrected. Jon

/ Highest hour bx #39  
My BX2200 purchased in 2001 has 2215 hrs now. Engine is still strong but had to rebuild the mower deck. Also use it year round.

/ Highest hour bx #40  
2008 BX 24 bought used in 2012 with 60 hours.
Now has 750 hours. I bought the tractor with plans of selling after
I built my home and put in the yard. but after the first year of seeing
what a work horse it is no plans of ever letting it go.