Home made Backhoe

/ Home made Backhoe
Excellent hoe, after all it's a vicashoe! About how long does it take you to build one like that? The cylinders, are they 2.25" ID with a 1-3/8" rod? After enlarging the photo 400% I was trying to figure out where you rest your feet? I didn't see a foot rest or floor plate. Another question I have is how did you bend the curve in the plate to form the bucket?

Very impressive......

Larry

2 1/2" x 14 x1 1/2" feet are supposed to have a plate below the valve but I have yet to put it on. Bend in bucket is arm strong with a come along

/ Home made Backhoe
I believe he cut out a thin notch and welded it back up. Is that right? That is what I did to mine.

That is exactly what I did but I am thinking 10 degrees instead of 7

/ Home made Backhoe
Iplayfarmer ,

Then, let me ask you this, Do you have what you think is a good welder for the material you are welding? Do you think a qualified Mig welder could do some outstanding welding using your machine, staying within the boundaries of your machine? If that is true, then you should be able to achieve the same results. I believe that the ability to succeed, is in every one of us, and the ability to achieve a particular goal is up to the individual and the amount of training he is willing to go through. Most of us do not have the training that we would like to have, for whatever reason, be it money, time, working to many jobs, night courses, etc. I believe that you, me, just about anybody can build just about anything you want with enough training and practice.

I would love to have a good shop, with a computer in side room, and be able to draw something, cut out the pattern, and weld it up, and then look at what you have done, and sit back, and say D*m, I'm good.

JJ<
I scaled the drawings to a 1/8" piece of hard board, cut it out with a scroll saw for a pattern then clamped it to the steel I wanted to cut. Cut it with a plasma cutter. No computer cutter NOR A MIG WELDER here.

/ Home made Backhoe
OK can we get back to the main topic of this thread, backhoe? :) Where did you buy the plan? I think I like this plan better than the JP Engineering backhoe plan..

Do I need to have an aux hydraulic system on my tractor for this backhoe to work or do I hook up to the PTO drive? I am hoping for a hydraulic system hook-up but when you said that this backhoe of your is too strong for 3-points, what did you mean? Can you clarify?

Thanks!

By the way, it looks so great and liked your work regardless of what many opinions about how it is welded..

I incorporated a Prince pump to the hoe and attached it to the PTO shaft. Too strong as far as digging pulled the top link apart on a dig once thus the need for a subframe. The plans are from CadPlans Corporation - Where you can find designs, tips and order information to build your own backhoes, diggers and MORE! I did make alterations to it like a deeper dig by cutting and angling the boom to 7 degrees also the hydraulic outriggers