Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer...

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #32  
Yes, with a tractor with at least 145 HP. 3/16 to 1/4 in steel deck with heavy duty every thing. A 5 in tree cutter is only $7000. They also make one to cut up to 8 in trees

Last edited:
   / Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #33  

Attachments

• 548-1.jpg
    548-1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,811
  • 77628989.jpg
    77628989.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 3,346
  • carbide2.jpg
    carbide2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 690
  • saw%20closeup.jpg
    saw%20closeup.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,167
  • cex0508light04.jpg
    cex0508light04.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 434
  • cex0508light30.jpg
    cex0508light30.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 444
  • xvbkscef.jpg
    xvbkscef.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 901
   / Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #34  
Well JJ posted about the same time I was expressing concerns about a donor deck having the ability to handle 4" trees. I have been around the Brown tree cutters and they are great, it was also on the back of a 100 hp tractor. It still made the tractor work.

MarkV

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #35  
Thanks MarkV MedicShawn and JJ,
Those cutters would be ideal for heavy chipping and mulching, but the flow rate required is way over my machines capacaty. I think my best bet will be to build a five foot or less blade cutter and build it fairly beefy, and just dont use it beyond its means. If I tear it up I will probably be having fun anyways!
Thanks for all the input fellas.
Beau

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #36  
I have 2 1840's right now that I use in my business and at my day job. Im gathering the stuff to build a mower for it to. I think someone here already made one for a friend out of an old hog. I had a saw I made for mine but I didnt have the hydraulic motor vale that lets fluid flow it kept straininging my hydraulic relif valve when I let off. On my cutter I want to put an overrunning clutch on it the motor to the pto shaft to let it coast. Also on the brown cutters what makes them so much better is they have 4 somtime six blades. Thes like putting a fine tooth blade in a saw to to take the shock on the gearbox.
In Votech we made a special stump jumper for an old man that was cleaning up an old feild. We took a 1 1/4 plate and made a flat stump jumper and then bored the cener out and pressed in a splined drive hub and welded it in. We then set up in the mill and rotary table and drilled 4 holes around the edge and put in bush hog bolts. He had the back of the hog cut out to back into pine trees slowly and then it would hack into the base and when they fell over he would mow the limbs and left them laying on the ground flat. He also had us make an adjustable pusher bar to kinda tilt tehm over to make them hack at the bend in the base. Later on when the old Hurricane or hot saw heads on feller bunchers were getting replaced by the newer saw heads every loggger had one in the scrap pile. This same old man had us put a large gea box off a big bush ho and we built a deck for it. and the hitch an left about 1/4 of it open. Then he brought us another splined hub and one of these 3/4 inch saws with a bag of carbide teeth that went with it. we hae t o make a bigger adapter hub but we welded it in place and then bolted it to the mower box. Later we went too see it work man it coull te some trees out backing up. He later put it on a 240 IH that he put a wide front end in. It was the same 240 that hade the reversible box so it could be used backwards as a cotton picker. He efectivly made a super cutter tractor. The man inherited a place in TN and I lost track of him. Hes was sure a go getter and cleaned up alot of land with these 2 machines we made.

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer...
BRUSH CUTTER A 4 in tree is not brush
Haha you havent been in East Texas. If you add a little extra metal to the deck and open the front you should be able to cut 4 and 5" brush pretty easy.

Long as you aren't tryin to cut hardwood everyday.

If you can spend $1500 on your own it beats the **** outta $5K plus for a manufactured one

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer...
Is your GPM output variable with in the two ranges. You could vary the engine rpm to set a pump output to match up the motor you want to use, but , then you have to consider your ground speed.

CIMG2115.jpg

The two switchs in the top right corner one is low flow the other is high flow. 20gpm when one is clicked 38gpm when the other is clicked

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #40  
Do you have two pumps for the aux circuit, or do they use a flow divider to get the 20 and the 38 GPM's, or maybe a two speed pump.