Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer...

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer...
Do you have two pumps for the aux circuit, or do they use a flow divider to get the 20 and the 38 GPM's, or maybe a two speed pump.

This is from the manual

Auxiliary Hydraulics
The RC-85 and RC-100 come standard with a load sense, variable displacement piston pump for auxiliary hydraulics. When the low flow is
engaged the variable displacement pump displaces 20 gpm, and when the high
flow is engaged the pump displaces 38gpm.

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer...
P6090258.jpg

P6090261.jpg

P6090260.jpg

P6090259.jpg

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #43  

Attachments

• Xtreme_Brush_Cutter1.jpg
    Xtreme_Brush_Cutter1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,060
   / Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #44  
So did anyone figure out the motor and direct drive for this homemade cutter, i too am in the process of buiding one went to local rental place today and rented one to base my "body" from now its the motor and direct drive issues to figure out.

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #45  
got it all worked out this weekend bending up the plate in the am. buying the 2000 series char-lynn motor and a 70hp gear box, will make a new thread if anybody wants to see a build project.

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #46  
got it all worked out this weekend bending up the plate in the am. buying the 2000 series char-lynn motor and a 70hp gear box, will make a new thread if anybody wants to see a build project.

Sure,... post up a build thread, we love that stuff :D. And take lots of pictures.. we love them too :D

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #47  
Sure,... post up a build thread, we love that stuff :D. And take lots of pictures.. we love them too :D

What he said!! Got to have plenty of pictures....:D

Mike

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #48  
Forget the tractor over run clutch, this can be acomplished with a $10 check valve and a loop hose from motor inlet to outlet. Effective making the cylinder valve on your skid a motor valve. See the link to the skidsteer forum on the first page for info.

As for direct drive thats great, but you still need so sort of blade holder with bearings or a vary HD bearing set in your motor. I think if you look at most of the direct drive units you will see there is a carrier with bearing holding the blades and the motor simply turns it. I went the easy route and kept the gear box and coupled the 6 ci motor to it. Matched up well with my 17 gpm flow. The box is only 40 hp but I have had no trouble with it as the hydraulic system is not as abusive as the pto drive.

Ken

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #49  
So how is this project coming?

/ Homeade Brush Cutter.....for skid steer... #50  
Hi guys I am also quite interested in this thread I have a case 440 skidsteer the ritchies spec page says the hydraulics are 21 gal/min or 79.4 l/min I am in Australia and don't have all the great surplus stores you guys have i was wondering if this motor would sufficeEaton Char Lynn Hydraulic Motor P N 101 1060 009 | eBay (running a 4 foot mower with i think 40 hp gear box)
Warm regards
Symon