horse etiquette

/ horse etiquette #211  
To clarify points in question. The road was here before the lots were permitted. It was a public road that was then converted to a private road via a planning board decision. IE no public access granted and no town responsibility for maintenance. Road does not grant any other public access by right. The stables in question are a somewhat new 6-7 year old business
That raises several interesting points.
I don't know Mass. highway law, however in NY a planning board could not give away a public access road.
A Town Board can in several different ways including an abandonment of the maintenance yet keeping the public
access, this is done often on dead end roads and minimally traversed roads bounded by one land owner.

/ horse etiquette #212  
   / horse etiquette #213  
Like the no parking signs infant of our shops overhead doors..... I can't get people to comprehend those..I don't expect the self entitled horse jockeys to read any signs either. And fwiw, there are already NTP signs posted.
Thanks for the daily laugh. The only parking signs in Boston that I can recall being effective were the kitchen chairs out front reserving parking places.

Well, except for street sweeping days, when everyone gets towed by under police supervision.

Let us know how your conversations go with your neighbors.

All the best,

Peter