Horses Shot

/ Horses Shot #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor
Yesterday, two horses were shot in WV by an idiot with an AR-15. One was killed and one survived. According to the local news, the incident is still under investigation, but the man believed to be responsible has been arrested.

Generally speaking, I'm pro-gun. However, with incidents like this becoming ever more common, I sincerely believe that something has to be done. Some of you may recall my recent thread about a neighbor finding bullet holes, once again caused by an idiot with a gun. And ironically, as I type this message I just heard two gunshots across the river from my home, which happens all the time, even at night. Now, who in their right mind has any reason to shoot at night, especially in areas where many homes exist? None.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/front-porch/270460-bullet-holes-found.html

In my experience, unless something serious happens such as horses (or worse) being shot, it's all but impossible to get the police to take things seriously, let alone investigate. It has to stop.

/ Horses Shot #2  
Im pro gun myself, but as you said "Idiot with a gun". It only takes one idiot (or several) to ruin it for those, like myself that are careful with guns. Its the main reason I don't hunt anymore.. You never know what's going through the idiot at the other end of the field's head

/ Horses Shot #3  
That's terrible...shooting horses.:mad: They should take their guns away for years. The shooting across the river.....where are the cops? don-ohio :)^)

/ Horses Shot
The shooting across the river.....where are the cops?

They're probably on a coffee break or something. There was a time when I'd call the police if shots were fired late at night, but now I don't bother because I know that nothing will be done. Sad, but true.

/ Horses Shot #5  
The truth is the country is not in the mood to pay for (and receive) quick, responsive police coverage. Everywhere people want less government, less taxes. We all need remember that. You get what you pay for.

/ Horses Shot
The truth is the country is not in the mood to pay for (and receive) quick, responsive police coverage. Everywhere people want less government, less taxes. We all need remember that. You get what you pay for.

The only problem is that most of us already pay through the nose, but get little in return because the government wastes the money.

/ Horses Shot #7  
Yesterday, two horses were shot in WV by an idiot with an AR-15. One was killed and one survived. According to the local news, the incident is still under investigation, but the man believed to be responsible has been arrested.

Generally speaking, I'm pro-gun. However, with incidents like this becoming ever more common, I sincerely believe that something has to be done. Some of you may recall my recent thread about a neighbor finding bullet holes, once again caused by an idiot with a gun. And ironically, as I type this message I just heard two gunshots across the river from my home, which happens all the time, even at night. Now, who in their right mind has any reason to shoot at night, especially in areas where many homes exist? None.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/front-porch/270460-bullet-holes-found.html

In my experience, unless something serious happens such as horses (or worse) being shot, it's all but impossible to get the police to take things seriously, let alone investigate. It has to stop.

This is very bad and yes something needs to be done. Such as putting these idiots in jail. The AR-15 didn't do anything wrong. A shotgun with 00 buck would have been effective as well, and so would an arrow. Idiots will find a way to get it done.

/ Horses Shot #9  
The only problem is that most of us already pay through the nose, but get little in return because the government wastes the money.

I can't argue with that, but this forum is primarily populated by those that want less government so I get a chuckle when someone wants quicker police response. I know many people that curse traffic jams, then turnaround and vote down any tax increase targeted at roads. Same type of thing. Personally I would like to see politicians that want to create a more streamlined government.

/ Horses Shot #10  
Don't want to argue,Tom, but by less government we mean federal regulation. Many of us are happy to pay taxes for a formidable police force. don-ohio :)^)
I can't argue with that, but this forum is primarily populated by those that want less government so I get a chuckle when someone wants quicker police response. I know many people that curse traffic jams, then turnaround and vote down any tax increase targeted at roads. Same type of thing. Personally I would like to see politicians that want to create a more streamlined government.