How can I hook this up to my tractor

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #31  
You need a drawbar with a ring instead of a ball, the ring goes into the gap between the bars and put a pin or bolt through the holes. I towed a lot of heavy aircraft with this type of hitch while I was in the Air Force.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #32  
I’ve never seen this sort of attaching manner. Do I need to just cut it off and weld on a standard receiver?
It’s attached to a large water container Thank you

Your largest tractor is your Kubota L2501 which weighs between 2400 to 2600 pounds. You mention a large water container. Water weighs 8 pounds per gallon. You don't want the weight of your load to exceed the weight of the tractor at all because that amount of mass compared to your tractor weight is uncontrollable. I'd say if your water container is larger than 150 gallons (1200 pounds of water) don't consider towing it. If you have any hilly terrain that makes it even more risky. You also need to add in the weight of the implement carrying the water tank to determine total weight of what you're towing.

Last edited:
   / How can I hook this up to my tractor #33  
That's a nice arrangement. Did you make that or buy it somewhere? If purchased, where did you find it?
Thanks,
Built that one and modified a quick hitch for gooseneck trailers;

4A.jpg

also built this for a loader mount trailer mover,
ssqa 4.jpg

These are the best uses I've came up with for a couple of quick hitches I had around.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #34  
Only reason I keep my arms on anymore is for the woodchipper.
I actually have more "yard" equipment that is 3 point then the farm does;
snow blower, back blades, box blade (almost never used), york rake (almost never also),
my offset flail ditch bank mower, my boom arm mower, small brush hog and I expect I missed something or other.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #35  
I’ve never seen this sort of attaching manner. Do I need to just cut it off and weld on a standard receiver?
It’s attached to a large water container
Thank you
You will need to install your Drawbar in the rear Lift Arms of the tractor then set that hitch on the drawbar and use the proper Hitch Pin through the holes. You can use a bolt through the holes but you have to lock it so it can't jump out... or it could killya.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #36  
"Your largest tractor is your Kubota L2501 which weighs between 2400 to 2600 pounds. You mention a large water container. Water weighs 8 pounds per gallon. You don't want the weight of your load to exceed the weight of the tractor at all because that amount of mass compared to your tractor weight is uncontrollable. I'd say if your water container is larger than 150 gallons (1200 pounds of water) don't consider towing it. If you have any hilly terrain that makes it even more risky. You also need to add in the weight of the implement carrying the water tank to determine total weight of what you're towing."

Fascinating. Our JD 4600, with weighted tires and a cab should come in at a little less than 5000lb. Yet we regularly tow a JD 336 baler (around a ton), with it towing a wagon which when full has 3 tons of hay on it. So that's towing over 4 tons with a 2.5 ton tractor. And yet it has never been "uncontrollable."

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #37  
BRAKES!!! With a load of water, be VERY aware of the load you're pulling, the brakes you have, and the potential need to stop.

Most tractors only have enough brakes to barely stop the tractor, much less a heavy rolling load. Big Fendts are the exception, they have GREAT brakes.

This incident occurred with some 750 bushels of wheat in a big grain cart behind that John Deere MFWD tractor. The combine stopped, the tractor and cart-load of grain stopped about 40 feet farther ahead than they should have. It was a bad day, but no one was hurt.
JD 9770 Combine wreck.jpg

So as you drive around with that big tank of water, be aware that the tractor and the rolling load may not stop as easily/quickly as you think.

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #38  
You will need to install your Drawbar in the rear Lift Arms of the tractor then set that hitch on the drawbar and use the proper Hitch Pin through the holes. You can use a bolt through the holes but you have to lock it so it can't jump out... or it could killya.

IMHO, too much can go wrong with a cross-drawbar on the 3pth lift arms, without additional precautions taken.
Use a “drawbar pin / draw pin ” with that hitch to pin it to a fixed drawbar mounted on a tractor.

Last edited:
   / How can I hook this up to my tractor #39  
Calling from England
Do your trailers over there not have their own brakes?
Grain trailer raming combine
Ouch!!!

/ How can I hook this up to my tractor #40  
Calling from England
Do your trailers over there not have their own brakes?
Grain trailer raming combine
Ouch!!!
Very few do, and most tractors do not have trailer brake systems installed on them.