How do I clean out a stock tank with a skid steer?

/ How do I clean out a stock tank with a skid steer? #21  
Not saying a wheeled SS can't be used but in my pond it would have NEVER happened, I had one muck hole that I never did find the bottom of. Excavator is the best option however if you are planing on using the SS then definately get the Over Tire Tracks. IF(more then likely will happen) you get stuck to you have an unstuck plan? If not you'll want to figure it out, getting an SS out can be a real PITA.

/ How do I clean out a stock tank with a skid steer? #22  
Look on lawnsite.com for a thread named dirtman's picture thread. He is a pro pond digger and only uses excavators and mats

/ How do I clean out a stock tank with a skid steer? #23  
Yes, that's a great thread. Very entertaining.

Ken

/ How do I clean out a stock tank with a skid steer? #24  
Look on lawnsite.com for a thread named dirtman's picture thread. He is a pro pond digger and only uses excavators and mats

course if your not a member you cant search the forums directly.... so useing google....

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=253106

how funny.... ive followed letsdig18 on youtube for a couple years now.... (letsdig18 on youtube = dirtman2007)

Last edited:
   / How do I clean out a stock tank with a skid steer? #25  
   / How do I clean out a stock tank with a skid steer?
Wow, that guy was STUCK!! Wonder what he would have brought in next if he had gotten the Volvo stuck?

+1 on thanks, wanted to read it but did not want to register. I have seen some of his videos on youtube.

Tim

/ How do I clean out a stock tank with a skid steer? #27  
You need a track loader. Mine floats over mud like it's not there, where other tractors sink and get stuck. Check out you tube and you will see what the track does over tires. The float is why I went track. I mostly use id beach sand, and it floats over the sand, I rented a non 4x4 back hoe and it went 5 feet into the sand and got buried. I called the rental store up and said pick this thing up. The track floats.