How do I find the hole?

/ How do I find the hole? #21  
Cabbed tractor.

Mow the entire area as normal.

Sit in cab, watching and laughing as they dive bomb the glass.

Spot the hole, go in at night, napalm them.

/ How do I find the hole? #22  
Dawn dish soap in a sprayer will drop them like a rock. I didnt believe it but I tried it on a hornets nest on the corner of my house and now that is all I use

Youtube has plenty of footage

/ How do I find the hole? #23  
A short story - how NOT to do it. Many years ago I had a large -12" diameter - paper wasp nest in the carport. I thought about this for several day. So...... one night I stick a highway flare on the end of a 10' 2x2. Sneak up on the nest - light the flare - light the nest.

What a wild sight. Flaming Yellow Jackets trying to fly everywhere. Nest is burning like an incendiary bomb. HEY - WHAT THE H*LL - The roof of the carport is on fire!!! I got the garden hose strung and the fire out. There is still a very black, scorched spot on the far corner of the carport roof.

I was just most fortunate. The nest was not out in the buck brush. With my wild ****d idea - I would have started a wild fire.

oosik,
Now, There is a visual! All is well that ends well, I guess.

/ How do I find the hole? #24  
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning!

/ How do I find the hole? #26  
Ground hornets like others said gas down the hole really works...the fumes go down and kills them.
I'll always remember this friend years ago wanted rid of a large hornets nest near his house so he goes out one night with a stepladder and an old suitcase. Slowly climbs up, snaps case over it and snips the branch (me...I would be way too chicken to do that!).
We get a few guys together and take it downtown...he sets it on sidewalk, we circle the block , pull over to watch the fun.
Soon this 4 door carload of guys comes along, stops, a guy gets out, looks all around , throws it in car and they take off.
A block or so later we see brake lights as the car noses down! all 4 doors fly open as these thugs are running in all directions.
I'll never forget that car sitting in the street motor still running as we drove past.

/ How do I find the hole? #28  
Soap instantly suffocates them and it Is safe for plants and animals

/ How do I find the hole? #29  
Dawn dish soap in a sprayer will drop them like a rock. I didnt believe it but I tried it on a hornets nest on the corner of my house and now that is all I use

Youtube has plenty of footage

If you were to mix it up in a 1 gallon sprayer, what ratio of soap to water do you use?

/ How do I find the hole? #30  
We have a service around here that will come and collect nests if you haven't sprayed them for free. They use a vacuum cleaner with a collection device made out of a 2 liter pop bottle.
Last summer a friend had a yellow jacket nest in the wall of his shop, it was located such that spray didn't seem to get to it, and the access hole was about 2' from the door and he had been stung several times going in and out of his shop. Obviously not a candidate for the gas treatment either.
We took a page out of the venom collectors notebook and set up a vacume hose just outside the hole they were coming and going from. We then went into the shop and pounded on the wall inside where we figured the nest was. Soon the clear canister on the vacume had a really nice collection of bugs whirling around in it. He repeated this treatment daily until there were no more bugs captured in the vacume. It took about 3-4 days to clean it out, nobody got stung during this time and there was a great deal of satisfaction and glee seeing those little boogers swirling around at high speed.