How do I Get Crankshaft Nut off Kubota?

/ How do I Get Crankshaft Nut off Kubota?
I would seriously caution anyone who is thinking of buying a used L3701. When it works, it's great, but God help you if you need to take the loader off or fix a steering seal. The loader on much bigger Kubotas made later is a joke in comparison.

/ How do I Get Crankshaft Nut off Kubota? #42  
I've never found ANY Kubota loader easy to remove or install and over my lifetime I've owned at least 12 Kubota's. That includes the 2 I presently own. I always dread removing the loaders for any reason, why I buy them with quick attach buckets.

On both my M's loader removal and install has to have the loader perfectly parallel to the mounts and level or it won't happen and Kubota in the 'infinite' wisdom makes the hoses just long enough to hook up with no extra, something I addressed with new hoses on both long ago.

I've read that the new Kubota single hose attach isn't all that good either as they have a penchant for leaking.

How hard is it to remove your steering cylinders?

/ How do I Get Crankshaft Nut off Kubota? #44  
If you have a nice level spot, taking a loader on or off is easy. Have no idea how many times I've had the loader on and off the BX in the 20 years I've had it, but it's lots. My M7060 is exactly the same process. Takes me 5 minutes at the most. I'll admit the first few times took longer but once you "get it" it's really easy.

No, believe me, it's not easy at all.

You don't know this loader.

The dealer received the tractor nearly two weeks ago. Yesterday I got an estimate: $1325.

The sheet metal, radiator, and fan are off the machine. so this price is just for removing and reinstalling the loader, pulling the front end forward, removing the front cover and associated parts, cleaning off gasket material, reinstalling everything, and putting the front end back on. Everything else, I would reinstall.

I was startled by the price, because it sounds like they're claiming something like 10 hours, in spite of fantastic tools and experienced mechanics. I didn't think it would take that long to do it myself, if I hadn't quit.

Anyway, I'll have a tractor again soon.

/ How do I Get Crankshaft Nut off Kubota? #48  
At the average shop rate today (100 bucks an hour, 10 hours equals a grand).... and 100 an hour is on the low side anyway.

/ How do I Get Crankshaft Nut off Kubota? #49  
Good luck on getting the nut off without a 3/4 inch impact wrench. Automobiles have a inspection plate on the bottom of the flywheel. They make a device called a flywheel holder to hold the flywheel while removing the crankshaft nut.

If you have a Auto Zone Store near you they rent tools. I think they will also ship a tool to you but you will have to ship it back or forfeit the hefty deposit.

Please try not to get frustrated and start modifying like you alluded to doing. Replacing the crankshaft would be expensive.

/ How do I Get Crankshaft Nut off Kubota? #50  
The dealer received the tractor nearly two weeks ago. Yesterday I got an estimate: $1325.

The sheet metal, radiator, and fan are off the machine. so this price is just for removing and reinstalling the loader, pulling the front end forward, removing the front cover and associated parts, cleaning off gasket material, reinstalling everything, and putting the front end back on. Everything else, I would reinstall.

I was startled by the price, because it sounds like they're claiming something like 10 hours, in spite of fantastic tools and experienced mechanics. I didn't think it would take that long to do it myself, if I hadn't quit.

Anyway, I'll have a tractor again soon.
Splitting a tractor is a expensive repair regardless of what is/was replaced. The community shade tree mechanic that used to do such had a large 4 post heavy duty overhead tracked gantry crane system to do such with. He aged out, sold out and now watches the waves. The gantry crane minus the lift motors and controls still sit outside his old repair shop.

Local farmers loved him take one of the large tractors to him for a clutch replacement especially in hay season and have the tractor back and in the field in a couple of days.