How does one remove tree rows of hedge apple

/ How does one remove tree rows of hedge apple #31  
It’s my understanding you have to be careful burning hedge, using all hedge can get to hot.

/ How does one remove tree rows of hedge apple #32  
It’s my understanding you have to be careful burning hedge, using all hedge can get to hot.
It has ruined more than one stove as it can get hot enough to warp the metal. Blue flame is common during a good burn and also creates a pretty good firework show as well when you open the doors and expose a hot fire to extra oxygen.

/ How does one remove tree rows of hedge apple #33  
I heard about the bow making from the trees. Interesting, might ask around

/ How does one remove tree rows of hedge apple #34  
I dropped both of my hedge today using the stump bucket. 1st was 45" at the ground and 2nd was 30". Took some pics and video. Will get them posted for you later tonight or tomorrow.
Very interested in seeing them.

/ How does one remove tree rows of hedge apple #35  
Here's the biggest of the two I dropped today. This one was 45" at the ground and took me about 18 minutes to lay over. Some of the roots were 9-10" wide. I've sped the video to 3x speed. The smaller one was about 30". I will post video of it next. The 30" tree took just under 6 minutes to drop.

Video
Digging hedge tree with stump bucket

Here are a few pics to give you an idea on size.

20211223_131102

20211223_134954

20211223_141117

Last edited:
   / How does one remove tree rows of hedge apple #36  
Here's video of the 2nd hedge tree. This one was 30". Took just under 6 minutes to drop with the stump bucket. Video in real speed on this one.

/ How does one remove tree rows of hedge apple #37  
What device are you calling a "Digger"?
Excavator?
Back Hoe?

/ How does one remove tree rows of hedge apple #38  
Here's video of the 2nd hedge tree. This one was 30". Took just under 6 minutes to drop with the stump bucket. Video in real speed on this one.

Good watching on how to do it. My question to you is, "What about all of those thorns laying all over the place. Do you plan an putting grass down there? Aren't you afraid of the thorns puncturing your grass cutter tires" Maybe you have tracks on your cutter too????

/ How does one remove tree rows of hedge apple #39  
Good watching on how to do it. My question to you is, "What about all of those thorns laying all over the place. Do you plan an putting grass down there? Aren't you afraid of the thorns puncturing your grass cutter tires" Maybe you have tracks on your cutter too????
I have a brush cutter for my CTL but don't typically worry about thorns from osage orange. Usually not very long. Honey locust on the other hand is a different story.

Here's what the thorns from honey locust here look like. Up to 14" long.
20211223_132443.jpg