How far would you travel for the right tractor?

/ How far would you travel for the right tractor? #31  
Bought my lightly used 3033r from a dealer about 4 hrs from me after lots of discussion and pictures. He delivered it to a sister dealership just about half way so it knocked a couple hours off.

In the past I drove 6 hours to pick up a boat (very specific model and pristine condition) and 5 hrs to pick up my truck ($16.8K off msrp on a 2017 Duramax - beat the best local dealer by $5K).

/ How far would you travel for the right tractor? #32  
107 miles each way to save a couple thousand bucks and I made a second trip 5 years later for a lift valve warranty fix. This might not seem like a lot of miles, but my trucks are old and slow. I did enjoy the drive tho.

tractor.jpg

/ How far would you travel for the right tractor? #33  
re -.1....now that's a truck! :)

/ How far would you travel for the right tractor? #34  
Kubota dealer's about three miles away!

/ How far would you travel for the right tractor? #35  
How far away did the guy that bought your vintage Ford super nice TLB have to drive ?

85 miles.
He hired a huge lowboy to pick it up.

/ How far would you travel for the right tractor? #37  
I drove my Massey 7495 35 miles up to servicing dealer to have brakes repaired. Drove it back following week.

/ How far would you travel for the right tractor? #38  
Some guys are willing to spend a dollar in order to save a penny.

If you enjoy driving long distances, don’t care about fuel costs and your time is free (not turning down paid work), then getting a deal is more important than how far you are willing to go.

If the cost of shipping PLUS the item is significantly lower than buying local Id ship it. I would need to save more than a grand if Im going to waste a day picking something up.

If its a big ticket item and service is an issue Id probably try and buy local, even if it costs more. Especially if I have to pay to return ship an item for warranty service. I got burned once buying off amazon from a seller that sold and shipped the item. It didnt perform as promised and it cost me more to return ship than the item was worth. So Im now stuck with a POS item I cant use. I now only buy from amazon if I get free return shipping.
Yep. People drive 5 hours to “save” a few bucks then complain about the “terrible service” from their local dealer.

/ How far would you travel for the right tractor? #39  
   / How far would you travel for the right tractor? #40  
I bought my used L5740 sight unseen and had it shipped 1200 miles to me. No regrets.