Mowing How high do you mow your lawn

/ How high do you mow your lawn #11  
3 inches because that's as high as the trim mower goes. have less problem with heat stress and weeds.

At my last place I cut as high as possible for the same reason. I never had to water even though my soil was very sandy.

/ How high do you mow your lawn #13  
We use 4 inches for the more open areas cut with the RFM as that height seems to be the perfect balance for us between avoiding scalping certain not-so-even areas and looks.

Around the house using the ZTR we cut at 3 inches.

Anything less in my experience tends to brown out faster in the typical hot and dry Missouri summers.

Plus, once we (my wife) gets use to the higher grass height as the norm, I seem to be able to go longer without cutting and it still seems to look the same.

MoKelly

/ How high do you mow your lawn #14  
About 4". The grass holds a lot more moisture at that length and consequently it typically is a much darker, richer green and that color last for a lot longer during long periods of no rain. The main reason I went to cutting that height was because of the finish mower scalping the ground. After seeing the benefit to the grass I don't think I'll ever cut much shorter then that. I've also found that my mower blades stay sharper for a lot longer. I now only have to sharpen them about once a season, compared to maybe 6 or 7 times with my old mower cutting at about 2" - 2.5".

/ How high do you mow your lawn #15  
Yea i mow the rear st. augistine to about 3-4 inches it stays green longer and helps the roots stay stronger and deeprer

/ How high do you mow your lawn #16  
I mow at 2 1/2", like it as short as possible, don't water and really don't care what it looks like. Ticks don't seem to be as big a problem for the dog (or us) with the grass cut shorter.

/ How high do you mow your lawn #17  
Three inches works well for me and my blades last longer.

/ How high do you mow your lawn #18  
I mow mine at 3 1/2 inches, I like it longer for keeping the weeds down and the moisture in. I think anything less than 2 1/2 inches is too short.

/ How high do you mow your lawn #19  
Hello I am just wandering what height everybody mows their lawn at and reason for that particular height. I know different heights are for different advantages and has disadvantages (like cutting one length looks awesome but weeds will grow more or edge of mower deck will cut into ground if ground is not even)
I set of my BXs at 4'' .
Looks nice and green compared to both neighbors on each side of me who mow so low their yards look like they have just plowed in some spots and the rest looks all brown and burnt out after they mow.

/ How high do you mow your lawn #20  
I like to no more than 2",but not rain in sight for period of time higher height hoping to keep grass from burning/turning brown.