Mowing How high do you mow your lawn

/ How high do you mow your lawn #31  
About 3.7329"

:laughing::laughing:

Same here, between 3 and 4 inches. My wife has a diploma in horticulture and took a course in lawn care. Longer is better apparently for the reasons stated above. My neighbor cuts his super short, max 2 inches if even that. He has way more weeds and dead patches than we do. We don't worry about bugs in the grass because the chickens are loose and eat them all.

Looks good and it's nice and soft to walk on.

/ How high do you mow your lawn #32  
3-4 inch. usually at 3 3/4 for more heat tolerant. shorter in fall.

I try to leave it as tall as possible, while still getting a good cut.. During the hot months w/ no rain I cut it around 4.25 to 4.5" other times i drop down to 3.5 to 4"

I tried cutting it with the deck higher but it didnt give it a clean cut, I think I love the 'vacuum' with it that high..

Brin

/ How high do you mow your lawn #33  
3.5-4 inches...never go shorter.
My yard isn't ever going to win a Lawn and Garden prize (as if I cared). 3.5-4" keeps the grasses pretty healthy (my grass was green when there were a lot of brown lawns).

/ How high do you mow your lawn #34  
Towards the end of the season I start lowering the cut as I mulch leaves at the same time. By the last cut of the season I'm cutting at 2" or lower. I find the lawn winters better that way and there is less mold when the snow melts in the spring.

/ How high do you mow your lawn #35  
3.5" - 4" for my fescue. Letting the grass grow a bit longer allows the plant to put down deeper roots instead of trying to grow the other direction. Never cut off more than 1/3 of the grass blade length.

/ How high do you mow your lawn #36  
Seems like I'm always playing from the rough, so when it comes to my lawn I want it be fairway height - it's about the only time I'm on short grass.

/ How high do you mow your lawn #37  
I cut mine about 2.25 inches mainly because it's full of stuff other than grass:mad: looks good to me.

/ How high do you mow your lawn #38  
I posted these pics on the other site a while back. Bermuda...3 1/2". The front lawn shown here was renovated last year. I renovated a little over an acre in the back this year. Both were cut at 3 1/2" as I didn't want to have to change the deck height between the two. Next year they will both be cut right at 2".

100_2512.jpg

100_2602.jpg

100_2655.jpg

frontlawn.jpg

/ How high do you mow your lawn #39  
I posted these pics on the other site a while back. Bermuda...3 1/2". The front lawn shown here was renovated last year. I renovated a little over an acre in the back this year. Both were cut at 3 1/2" as I didn't want to have to change the deck height between the two. Next year they will both be cut right at 2".

100_2512.jpg

100_2602.jpg

100_2655.jpg

frontlawn.jpg

Very nice looking lawn and house.