HOW LONG WILL A KIOTI LAST

/ HOW LONG WILL A KIOTI LAST #31  
A diesel engine with upkeep of factory service intervals will go 10k + hours easy. Or way past the average home owners usage spec to worry about.
I agree when speaking of a simple diesel engine, in and of itself, but many might be concerned with the new complex control systems that enable the diesel to run. If some of these control modules are obsoleted without a suitable replacement or alternative, the mechanically perfect diesel engine could be functionally inoperable. I am more worried about that than I am about the engine.

/ HOW LONG WILL A KIOTI LAST #32  
While I agree with IndyJay, I don't expect to have any such issues. The reason being is that it's far more likely that non-corporate-use diesel equipment will be made illegal before we even get to possible doomsday situations*. If not, then an outright economic collapse (all empires collapse- US-centric comment, but note that such an event will likely be global) will occur and all bets are off as to whether our expectations even come close to mapping to any such reality.

* Trust me that I don't take/make this/my statement lightly. I've got plenty of diesels (and dependencies; some mitigation pieces, but effectiveness cannot be predicted owing to the fact that the future isn't what it used to be).

/ HOW LONG WILL A KIOTI LAST #33  
While I agree with IndyJay, I don't expect to have any such issues. The reason being is that it's far more likely that non-corporate-use diesel equipment will be made illegal before we even get to possible doomsday situations*. If not, then an outright economic collapse (all empires collapse- US-centric comment, but note that such an event will likely be global) will occur and all bets are off as to whether our expectations even come close to mapping to any such reality.

* Trust me that I don't take/make this/my statement lightly. I've got plenty of diesels (and dependencies; some mitigation pieces, but effectiveness cannot be predicted owing to the fact that the future isn't what it used to be).
My comment was made assuming that the good guys can avert the doomsday scenario that seems likely. I did not dive into the possibility that an EMP attack would disable all computer controlled vehicles and devices anyway, including the newer tractors. The old pre-T4 stuff will just keep chugging along though :cool:.

/ HOW LONG WILL A KIOTI LAST #35  
i dont lose any sleep over that stuff. get questions all the time about protection of backup generators. i just tell them im to busy living my life to worry about what ifs.

i tell them to go troll the internet ,,,and basically leave me alone.

everyone i know went nuts over Y2K. i did absolutely zero prep. never been a prepper, not starting now. also not a dooms day watcher.

i basically envision the world simply splitting in half some day from all the drilling and all the people on it.

/ HOW LONG WILL A KIOTI LAST #36  
i dont think to many people look at the engines longivity regarding diesel powered equipmet, its more stuff like transmissions that determine when a tractor reaches its liftime. you get to a point where parts simply are not available. engines can pretty well be rebuilt with sleeved, bearings , valves etc...

transmission gears, syncronisers, clutches and casings on the other hand are alot harder to find replacement parts for aging machines. then there is the labour requirements to replace them.

/ HOW LONG WILL A KIOTI LAST #37  
CK30 HST. 2006 650 hours. Had to replace the transmission Oil cooler when a fitting on it split and sprayed the alternator with oil killing it. I had a spare alternator off a Ford Falcon so I fitted that and apart from that it has been a great machine.
They are apparently known for injector pump rack gear failure around this time but no problems so far. Never used any oil.
I do work it pretty hard at times.

/ HOW LONG WILL A KIOTI LAST #38  
2012 CK27hst with 958 hours and no major breakdowns. 2 warranty items that were looked after at the house.

/ HOW LONG WILL A KIOTI LAST #39  
Kioti in for the long haul . They even comeing out now with track loaders . Which is great for competition imo . I have not seen one in person yet but looking forward to it . BTW not sure if these new Kioti's are Bobcats painted orange as are the Bobcat tractors ' white yotes ' .

Attachments

• 2121212121212121.png
    2121212121212121.png
    2 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
   / HOW LONG WILL A KIOTI LAST #40  
Kioti in for the long haul . They even comeing out now with track loaders . Which is great for competition imo . I have not seen one in person yet but looking forward to it . BTW not sure if these new Kioti's are Bobcats painted orange as are the Bobcat tractors ' white yotes ' .

They sure look like orange-painted radial lift Bobcats. T62 or T64, maybe.