How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"?

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #11  
We are both retired and have two vehicles: 2007 Ford Sport Trac, 2011 4x4 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW, 8x12 hoist bed, Cummins & 6-speed manual.

We gave our Honda Civic to one of our sons last spring since it sat a lot of the time, and much of the winter--not a good snow car. It was outside since I don't have garage space for a third vehicle. Just something to clear snow off of and work around in winter. It was very economical, 40 mpg, but if it isn't driven much that doesn't save much.

We thought we would see how it goes with just the two vehicles. If we decide we need another I would like garage space for it and it will be 4x4 or AWD so it's useful in all weather. I don't think we really need a third vehicle though.

The RAM gets used like most of you use your pickups sort of--it's my baby, only has 2500 miles and <100 engine hours on it. Can't park it in the downtown area but no problem at the grocery, hardware store, Walmart, TSC. The Ford gets used as much as possible, especially if the roads are dirty LOL.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #12  
The wife and I are both retired also but we have 3 vehicles.2006 ford f-150 super crew 4X4,2008 ford taurus,2004 lincoln town car.IMHO it,s nice to have backup vehicles just in case.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #13  
The wife and I each have a vehicle, then there is a farm truck, so that's our backup.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #14  
2005 F350, 2010 Lincoln MKX, 2015 Mustang GT ordered 8/4/14, hopefully be here for Christmas! Wife wants to sell MKX, I don't.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #15  
I did for years but truth is a rental car like a Sentra can be has for about $20 per day in my area. It really does not make economic sense.

Right now we have a:

2006 F350, paid off.
2012 F150, paid off.
2013 Edge, paid off.

Both trucks will be sold next year for just one.

Chris

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #16  
2005 F350, 2010 Lincoln MKX, 2015 Mustang GT ordered 8/4/14, hopefully be here for Christmas! Wife wants to sell MKX, I don't.

2015 Mustang GT? Nice! I miss my 2012 Mustang GT. It was my backup however turned into a 2014 Lincoln MKS for the wife. I got her 2008 Lincoln Navigator in the deal. I still think I got bamboozled.....

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #17  
Wife traded her 2011 V6 Mustang in August for the 2015 and is peeved at the wait!

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #18  
Wife traded her 2011 V6 Mustang in August for the 2015 and is peeved at the wait!

I was told the mountain states region would be November at the earliest for the New Mustangs last June. They just showed up here in the Wyoming dealerships last week.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #19  
We have 4 cars with 3 people in the house. My wife drives a 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI that's pretty low mileage (68k) and puts maybe 6k a year on it. It's a super reliable vehicle, though routine maintenance is expensive, I expect it to last a long time. My daily driver is a 2007 BMW 335 but it's really more of a toy that I've already started making modifications on, I've got it at about 370HP right now, it was 300HP stock. My daughter is driving a 2012 Smart Car that has been a great little car but her lease is about up so she's shopping for something now that she'll be buying with her own money, most likely a Nissan Altima or Ford Focus. The backup is my 2002 F250 Crew Cab with the good, reliable 7.3 powerstroke diesel in it. It's at 269k right now and just really getting broken in, I can always count on it if something else is down.

We've only had an "extra" vehicle for about 2 years now but I can't see going back to not having one. I keep stuff a long time, especially once they're paid for, and that means major work periodically. When the BMW goes in the shop (and it's not all that reliable but it makes up for that in fun units) it's almost always there for 3 weeks or more so having the F250 as a backup is required. If we were to get rid of one, it would be the BMW. I would miss it but like I said, its really more of a toy than anything.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #20  
My fiancé and I have 3 vehicles- 2 Toyota Camrys (2014, 2002)and my 2004 Tundra. We live in a rural area and both have hours at our jobs that rule out any chance of catching a ride from friends or family if a vehicle is down.

I drive the newer Camry to work- my commute is only 6 miles one way. She drives the older car because her drive is 15 miles each way, much of it on gravel and secondary roads. The truck gets used for "trucking"- hauling stuff, towing my trailer, going hunting, when 4wd is needed, etc.

Will

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet