How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"?

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #21  
Cruising the salty winter highways this year in a 2007 Crown Vic police interceptor while the new F250 I bought in April hangs out in the garage & out of the weather for the most part.
In summer there's a 2007 Mustang GT that I got new in August 2006. Mama's got a 2012 Chrysler 300 that she drives year round.
There's also the 2001 F450 with bucket & splicer box for the business. But I shut down for winter so the truck is pretty much out of service & not driven on winter roads.
So yeah, we've usually got a backup of some sort around. We each have motorcycles too.

Last edited:
   / How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #22  
After my wife died I kept her '99 special ordered Crown Vic. It is a pleasure to drive for handling and comfort versus my'99 F-250 SuperDuty. When all the kids were here, we had seven Mopars sitting around here. As the Dad and responsible for maintenance, that was my requirement.....only Mopars allowed......but that was 30 years ago.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #23  
I bought my neighbors 1990 ford 1 ton van for $200 it has 190,000 miles runs good ,I put historic tags on it and use it as a back up and a mobile tool shed . Insurance is $ 200 a year . Its great if I send another vehicle to the shop , I tell the mechanic , no hurry . Seem to get them back faster and cheaper when he has no pressure to fix it.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #24  
I have two cars (one is my sons), two trucks and two Harleys. spend way too much on plates and insurance. I am single.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #25  
We are up to 4 vehicles now. My daily is a 1998 Civic I got for a song from a neighbor moving away (now ~215k). My wife drives her 99 Explorer that we bought new (~240k). I also have the '05 F250 I use for hauling/towing stuff and driving down to our new house build (~67k). Then the real spare is the '04 Accord that my mom wanted to get rid of to get a new Buick. She gave it to us last year. It had like 37k on it. Literally driven by a little old lady to church and the grocery store. It has low 40's on it now, but my daughter is starting to drive in March, so it will become her car. I used it as a spare when i was trying to figure out why the fricken civic wouldn't start for like 3 months this summer/fall. I didn't have a lot of time to look at it, so it took forever to sort it out... Having a spare is great. (It was 2 things - the timing belt jumped a tooth and the Idle air control valve pooped out at the same time.)

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #26  
Between wife car and my pickup roughly 15x miles year,myself 6x miles year,but Harley U Glide we travel a lot.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #27  
Company provided vehicle for me so it see's 45-50k per yer I have a 07 GMC 55k milesCC dually diesel that hangs out in the garage looking for work towing, Wife drives 2012 Honda Pilot 32k for her daily 13 mile commute, 1990 k3500 4x4 140k miles 454 stays at the lake for duties, Teen daughter just got learners permit she will drive 1995 chevy blazer 73k mile I bought from my dad. I have my 1968 Camaro thats now running gain after 20 yr in the barn

License and insurance is getting to be a pain

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #28  
We currently have 2 backup vehicles. A 2000 Buick Century and a 2007 Chevy 2500 HD truck. We purchased a 99 Ford Contour for my wife to drive to work and I drive our 01 Lesabre. All 4 vehicles are in very good condition. Insurance and taxes are reasonable.

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #29  
(2) drivers, both who need to commute.

(2) cars (2013 Toyota & 2006 Toyota)

(1) Truck (2002 Ford Ranger)

Within one or two years the Ranger will be replaced with a new 1/2 ton, and in 4 to 6 years the 2006
Toyota will get replaced with a new car.

Retirement in 5.5 to 8.5 years

/ How many of you keep a "backup vehicle"? #30  
I am retired now and have more vehicles than I did when working. I bought the wife a new Honda CRV last year but she wanted to keep her 2003 Olds Bravada and prefers to drive it over the Honda. The 2013 bought in August of 2013 had a bit over 5k mileage and the Bravada a bit over 101K. I drive my 2007 Silverado Z71 and my 2000 Goldwing SE + her Bravada on many occasions. I am trying to wear out the Bravada rather than my truck which I need to pull my trailer. Maybe in another 11 years we can get rid of it and start driving the Honda.