How many of your friends do NOT have tractors?

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #61  
Question might be, what do you folks consider tobe a tractor?? We own a lawn mower.. Vast majority of people we know don't own a "tractor".

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #62  
Question might be, what do you folks consider tobe a tractor?? We own a lawn mower.. Vast majority of people we know don't own a "tractor".
Good point! Is this a "Tractor"? In the most technical sense, I guess it is:

1669391140823.png

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #63  
Around here, these "traction engines" are widely referred to as tractors;
5b94120406fbb8553ed33bf1d97f4033.jpg

Yes? No? Maybe?

In my book if it is capable of tillage, it is a tractor. (i.e. not a skid steer) Too limited?

All the best, Peter

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #64  
Around here, these "traction engines" are widely referred to as tractors;
5b94120406fbb8553ed33bf1d97f4033.jpg

Yes? No? Maybe?

In my book if it is capable of tillage, it is a tractor. (i.e. not a skid steer) Too limited?

All the best, Peter
But can't you till with a walk behind garden tiller?

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #65  
Put reins on it and drive it like a real traction 'engine'.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #66  
Being from the ag industry, I might call 40 or 50 hp tractors a tractor. Below that is a garden machine. 🤔

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #67  
But can't you till with a walk behind garden tiller?
So, how do we tell if she is made of wood?

Build a bridge out of her!

Ahh, but can you not also make bridges out of stone?

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #68  
I was thinking about this while having a conversation with my insurance agent today, when she asked if I would be using my sawmill off premises. I said that the only time that would happen is if I was doing something for a friend... then realized there are very few people I know who don't own or have direct access to some type of tractor, 2500 lbs or bigger.

Most of my friends have heavy equipment of some kind. I'm the oddball with a tractor but they have all learned that on level ground, a tractor with a grapple is faster at picking up slash than a skid loader or track loader and we all know the tractor is slower than a payloader with a grapple at picking up slash.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #69  
Do you guys ever think, how doesn't everyone with acreage not own a tractor? I understand why, I couldn't afford one for years starting out. But man, the people who can afford them and don't own one is staggering. I guess it comes down to priority.
We have lived on our 90 acres (Sierra Nevada foothills) for 36 years. For the first half of that time we did not own a tractor so what we could do to improve the place and tackle projects and make things easier was minimal. Then we got a tractor and what we could do and have done increased exponentially - we often wonder how we got along without it. So, your question about how everyone with some acreage not owning a tractor is the correct question. To live here now without a tractor is unimaginable - or at least I don't want to think about it.