How many tractors in your neighborhood?

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #92  
34 and growing.

More tractors than people owning vehicles in the neighborhood.

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #93  
Our neighborhood is a 25 year old development that was set up as "equestrian friendly" with 4 - 6 acre lots. We are allowed horses, cows, sheep and goats. No pigs or chickens, which is curious since chickens are allowed in some parts of Austin now. There are about 250 homes in the development. It was pretty rural at first but the real farmland is 25 miles to the east. We've only been there 2 years so I mostly only know my close neighbors. Half of our time here has been under pandemic rules. I would guess from my observation that tractor ownership is 10 to 20%. Mostly CUTs and vintage. There are more UTVs and golf carts than tractors.
Kind of weird you're allowed goats and stuff but not pigs or chickens even. Why?

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #94  
@GeneV Not really sure. The HOA rules were set up 25 years ago so maybe the attitudes were different then. Noise is the only thing I can think of. I've never raised pigs so don't know how loud they are. A rooster can be annoying as hell in the wrong environment. A rooster that's not yours anyway.

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #95  
@GeneV Not really sure. The HOA rules were set up 25 years ago so maybe the attitudes were different then. Noise is the only thing I can think of. I've never raised pigs so don't know how loud they are. A rooster can be annoying as hell in the wrong environment. A rooster that's not yours anyway.

You've never smelled a real stink till you've been downwind of a pig farm. For the chickens, I'd bet it was roosters that prompted the restriction. The only thing worse than roosters I own crowing at 4:30 AM is not owning roosters and listening to the neighbor's roosters go off.

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #96  
Naw, no roosters I get. I raised a couple little pigs before, they weren't any louder than sheep, were just oinking. But goats can be loud! Was just curious about their logic.

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #97  
You've never smelled a real stink till you've been downwind of a pig farm. For the chickens, I'd bet it was roosters that prompted the restriction. The only thing worse than roosters I own crowing at 4:30 AM is not owning roosters and listening to the neighbor's roosters go off.
Well that's commercial pig farming. He's only on 4-6 acres with a hoa, I'm sure they're limited to how many animals they could have. A couple 3 pigs, they don't have to smell unless you confine them and don't clean the pens often. Goats and sheep and otherwise could stink up an area pretty good too, if you don't tend to them often.

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #98  
A lot of the fancy horse people used to keep a goat around to calm down their flighty horse

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #99  
That sounds like 2 problems to me 🐎🐐

/ How many tractors in your neighborhood? #100  
That sounds like 2 problems to me 🐎🐐

Goats and cows or goats and horses are no issues. Done both over the years.

Neighbor has horses and Lamas. And ... they ride either one!