Tractor Sizing How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift?

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift?
What kind of ballast did you have on during the test Axle? Your test portends good things because I'm wondering if I can lift 900lbs on my CK35 loader. The specs put the lift at 1150, and with bucket and all I was a little worried. But I'm guessing it could handle it.

That's a nice SCUT you have there, 900lbs is very respectable, most of the SCUTs I looked at were in the 500lb range.

The only ballast I had was loaded rears and then I'd get on when moving of course. This was on flat land. Of course the pallet wss lifted to a 1 foot height without my rather significant but "muscular " weight icluded until it was time to move the tractor.

The dl95 claims 690 at pivot point and I'm about 170+ pounds above that and its aboveand beyond bucket or fork weight.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #12  
What kind of ballast did you have on during the test Axle? Your test portends good things because I'm wondering if I can lift 900lbs on my CK35 loader. The specs put the lift at 1150, and with bucket and all I was a little worried. But I'm guessing it could handle it.

That's a nice SCUT you have there, 900lbs is very respectable, most of the SCUTs I looked at were in the 500lb range.

Your loader lift is rated for full height.. He did not lift to full height, You will be able to lift a lot more than 1150 lbs, to just move it along a couple of inches above the ground. I bet he could not lift that load to his full loader height. I could be wrong, maybe he did, but I don't think so unless he comes back and tells us he did.

Your loader lift is rated for full height.. He did not lift to full height, You will be able to lift a lot more than 1150 lbs, to just move it along a couple of inches above the ground. I bet he could not lift that load to his full loader height. I could be wrong, maybe he did, but I don't think so unless he comes back and tells us he did.

I saw no purpose in lifting such a heavy load to maximum height. However I saw great purpose in lifting it 3 feet off the ground and hauling it 200 feet and down a 15 degree slope. I also didn't say 1150 pounds.. in fact I went out of the way to be accueate by indicating I moved xxxamount but then couldn't repluxatw ut after the break and rain . . So I used the smaller number. The efgort isn't about brag . . Its about accuracy.

The point k0ua is that brochure ratings are incredibly hard to determine because they don't even tell you what the weight entails (bucket is or is not part of brochure lifting weight) etc.. Even profession reviews say things like "the fronr end loader is rated to lift a total of xxx weight. A total of what ???

My desire is to counter balance a huge amount of inaccurate statements posters make about the small payloads possible on a scut. Maybe other scuts can't lift as much as mine . . Maybe they can . . but too often posters talk of a scut can only lift 500 pounds and it just isn't corect and may cause some to doubt a scuts abilities or choosing one.

But what would really be nice is to know how other scuts do too. I don't mean a Mahindra max 28 . . I mean real scut sized units. .bx 25 or bx 2670 or yanmar 221 or sc2400 or a jd 1025r etc.. etc..

I was very pleasantly surprised to find out my added price to get the gc171 instead of the gc17055 really does make a difference when many said it would not.

I also noted that attachments designed for scuts (and not general purpise ssqa) also increase the working payload potential too . . but lets not get list in the facts. Brochures or professional reviews that used brochure data . . Are under- rating or under-communicating the abilities that at least my scut showed. This is a likely conclusion it could be true with other scuts in some cases or in some loaders . . regardless how the brochures are phrased.

And lets remember . . I didn't evencalculate how the edgers had gained weight from the rain absorption either. Lol

Last edited:
   / How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #14  
The point k0ua is that brochure ratings are incredibly hard to determine because they don't even tell you what the wright entails (bucket is or is not part of brochure lifting weight) etc..

I also noted that attachments designed for scuts (and not general purpise ssqa) also increase the working payload potential too . . but lets not get list in the facts. Brochures or professional reviews that used brochure data . . Are under- rating or under-communicating the abilities that at least my scut showed. This is a likely conclusion it could be true with other scuts in some cases or in some loaders . . regardless how the brochures are phrased.
They are rating the max lift capacity to full height at the pivot pins like most other manufacturers as far as I could see.
The website rates the DL 95 at 870 LBS to full height at the pivot pins.
Most all loaders will lift more than the full height ratings at a few inches off the ground.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #15  
I haven't done a formal study but I did fairly easily lift and move eight 88lb blocks (704 lbs) not including bucket, at a time in my FEL bucket... raised them up about three feet. I have no idea what kind of max lift weight is possible with my BX but I don't care to run that kind of experiment. Interesting that the bucket lift spec rating is 518lbs at full height (500mm from pivot pin) also about where my load CG was at. I'm thinking the published Kubota lift rating is conservative, either that or the lift ability drops off significantly near the max lift height. Breakout force is 992lbs. Not sure what that is but guessing the point where you get hydraulic bypass?

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #16  
I haven't done a formal study but I did fairly easily lift and move eight 88lb blocks (704 lbs) not including bucket, at a time in my FEL bucket... raised them up about three feet. I have no idea what kind of max lift weight is possible with my BX but I don't care to run that kind of experiment. Interesting that the bucket lift spec rating is 518lbs at full height (500mm from pivot pin) also about where my load CG was at. I'm thinking the published Kubota lift rating is conservative, either that or the lift ability drops off significantly near the max lift height. Breakout force is 992lbs. Not sure what that is but guessing the point where you get hydraulic bypass?
I think the difference here is Kubota rated your loader to full height 500 mm from the pivot pins.
The rating would be listed as higher at the pivot pins that most other MFG's are using

They are rating the max lift capacity to full height at the pivot pins like most other manufacturers as far as I could see.
The website rates the DL 95 at 870 LBS to full height at the pivot pins.
Most all loaders will lift more than the full height ratings at a few inches off the ground.

I pointed that out to MANY on several other threads and I was told those numbers included the bucket and 500 or 550 pounds of payload was all I should expect.

My point is either it is confusing or misunderstood by too many.

I was also told it was an error because it was a much bigger number than the dl100 loader it replaced.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #18  
I know my mahindra max 22 will lift over 1000 lbs. It's strong enough to pull the rear wheels off the ground, with the backhoe as rear ballast. I've even filled the bh bucket and extended the boom full out for those big lifts.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #19  
My approach wasn't nearly so scientific. I had a B7500 that wouldn't lift everything I wanted it to lift. It was replaced with an L3200 that does lift everything I want to lift, plus some.

Attachments

• Jeep Up.jpg
    Jeep Up.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 607
  • Deck Up.jpg
    Deck Up.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 477
   / How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #20  
It would be interesting if this thread could keep going and eventually have hundreds of tractors with real world lifting capacities so that when people are looking at used tractors, they know what they should actually be able to do. From discussions on TBN, it seems some tractors are rated at the pin with vs without a bucket. Some under rate and some over rate.

I don't know how much my tractor can actually lift. I don't have enough objects of known weight around to measure it. The heaviest thing I ever lifted was a 9 foot long 3.5 foot diameter log (Ash). It's hard to say what this log weighed. I didn't dare lift it more than a few inches off the ground because even with a 200 pound cage, 1000 pounds of tire fill and a 500 pound blade on the back, the back end was hovering. With this same ballast, I can lift the back end completely off the ground if I'm digging up a stump with the bucket.

Picking up sticks.jpg