Tractor Sizing How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift?

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #381  
Thank you for those examples GMan. I was not aware of those. Learn something new every day.

In all three of your examples, it looks to be boom break out force because the forces are substantially less than the rollback force. For Deere, it even specifies that it is boom breakout force. For the others the math indicates that breakout is being use to designate the boom force at ground level. That could be confirmed by measuring the difference in the boom arm pin to bucket pin and dividing by the distance from the boom arm pin to the end of the bucket (or point forward of the pins that is specified). This difference in distance should be the same as the difference in breakout force at the pin and the point forward of the pin if it is indeed boom breakout force.

Do you know of any examples for CUTs where breakout refers to anything other than lift force of the boom at ground level? It would be nice to establish for TBN what breakout really is for CUTs - there seems to be a lot of confusion.

So far, everything I've seen including the new information provided by Gman indicates that it is ground level boom lift force. Manufacturers who want to show a spec for the curl cylinders are calling that force the "roll back" force.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #382  
Here is 1,000 pounds of concrete plus the pallet on a la524 loader. That was as high as it could lift it. image-4209207717.jpg I also put the bucket from my LA724 loader on the LA 524 which is a good bit bigger than the LA524 bucket, and scooped a heaping load of wet dirt. It lifted it to about the same height.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #384  
If I had of curled it back I could have made a full height lift, but then the concrete would have fallen off.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #386  
And any grease that you had on the pins :laughing:
Don't forget the empty 3.5 gallon bucket and the super heavy duty 400 pound capacity ratchet strap.

Last edited:
   / How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #387  
Here is 1,000 pounds of concrete plus the pallet on a la524 loader. That was as high as it could lift it. View attachment 447338 I also put the bucket from my LA724 loader on the LA 524 which is a good bit bigger than the LA524 bucket, and scooped a heaping load of wet dirt. It lifted it to about the same height.

Ever check your relief pressure. I could have thought you could have done better than that. I was able to lift 14 bags @ 75# each (1050#) to about that high to load in my truck bed with CLAMP ON forks with my LA463.

Just yesterday I unloaded beams off my trailer. W18x60# that were 25' long. So 1500# beam. Using clamp on forks, but getting it as close to the bucket edge as I could. I wasnt able to lift off the trailer deck. But was able to curl to clear. Once off the deck and on the ground, I could lift to within about 3" of my Deck-over GN.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #388  
We have never tested the relief pressure. It is my Grandpas tractor. I could have lifted more using the curl. I could have lifted more if I had curled it back farther, but this was a level lift. I did some dirt work using my LA724 bucket on the La524 loader. The factory LA724 bucket is a good bit bigger than the factory LA524 bucket. It could only lift a heaping scoop of wet dirt to about the same height as the concrete. The dirt was heavy enough to lift the back tire off the ground with loaded tires and a bush hog for ballast. My Grandpa is more than satisfied with the performance. He would be equally as pleased with a BX. The heaviest thing he needs to lift is a 55 gallon barrel of diesel. In fact he would be happier with a BX because he wouldn't have to ask someone to haul it for him.

/ How Much Can A Sub Compact Tractor lift? #389  
Also 1,000 pounds wasn't the limit of the loader. 1,000 pounds was all the concrete I needed (actually 200 pounds too much). The loader could have lifted more just not as high.